Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Salvador Brazil

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Discontinuing Gold Bracelets in 2018??

Main Forum
margaritalady
Palladium Expert

Discontinuing Gold Bracelets in 2018??

Post by margaritalady » Fri May 19, 2017 9:27 pm

I read this post on the Travel Club Forum...
"Just finished talking to Sasha at the TC sales office, and one of our questions was about gold bracelets. He explained that there are two types of gold bracelets - a TC one for members at Presidential level and above, and then the resort's gold loyalty bracelet which he said was after 10 visits. He also stated that the gold "loyalty" bracelets will be discontinued next year (2018) because too many people are booking the cheapest rooms they can, and then just taking advantage of the greater access that the bracelets get them; e.g. Royal pool and restaurant.

Since this is coming from a member of the Travel Club sales team, take it for what it's worth, but the information is less than an hour old."

Does anyone know if this is true? I can't imagine the Palladium doing this to long-time loyal (our June trip to Punta Cana will be #24) customers....but who knows??? :64:

Iam4nu

Re: Discontinuing Gold Bracelets in 2018??

Post by Iam4nu » Fri May 19, 2017 9:56 pm

hope not. this june will be my 9th visit to RM GP. But last year for my 8th, we didn't abuse the upgrade like we could have, only ate at the Royal 2 time (1 breakfast and 1 supper) the only benefit we used was as I had a torn tendon in my ankle (alcohol make you walk better ) the cart service was
very handy. We used the Royal pool 1 time. after about a hour we headed back to the Collonial pool as it was too quite for us.

mmrk

Post by mmrk » Fri May 19, 2017 10:31 pm

I would hope they don't do this. We have been about 12 times and usually stay Royal. We stay in the White Sands if our daughter comes with us. When we do stay in the RSY our 12 visits don't get us anything at all extra since we are already paying maximum for everything. We like the Mayan Suites so we pay to stay in those and don't expect an upgrade. If anything the Palladium needs to find a way to give a discount to people like us (i.e. some sort of loyalty program).

This may have been a ploy from the Travel Club person to make their membership seem more attractive. They are not supposed to be employees of the Palladium so you wouldn't think they would be aware of such a change in policy.

Perhaps management from the Palladium can comment?

fjwhoopie
Top Twenty Poster

Post by fjwhoopie » Sat May 20, 2017 12:41 pm

I really hope they do not do this, really like the perks of the Royal section. :34:
ImageImage

Highball

Post by Highball » Sun May 21, 2017 7:59 am

I for one hope they discontinue the gold bracelets I have 24 visits to this resort and most of them to the royal section. Lots of people love the perks of the royal section but refuse to dish out the DOLLARS for this section so maybe management could recognize there loyal guests with a different color bracelets but with the exception of royal privileges

Jackie121
Executive Chatterbox /Moderator

Post by Jackie121 » Sun May 21, 2017 7:46 pm

I hope they don't discontinue it. It might seem like a lot of people receive a gold bracelet, but that's probably because this is a concentrated group of Palladium returnees. I think the percentage of guests who actually return to the resort 8 plus times, is a relatively small one overall. And now that the Royal is expanding by such a huge leap, I can't see it being overcrowded. As it is now, the only area I ever noticed being crowded at times was the Royal Pool. The lobby, terrace, or El Jardin has never been overly crowded when I've been there. Actually those areas have quite often been relatively empty when I've visited.

I also can't see the point/logic in rewarding that level of loyalty by simply giving a special coloured bracelet with no perks attached to it. I can't imagine anyone jumping up and down with glee saying: "Oh look - I have a pretty rainbow coloured bracelet that gets me nothing but shows I've stayed here 8 times! Lucky me!" Yes, it does cost more dollars to book a stay at the Royal, but someone who has gone over 8 times has also dropped some fairly significant coin down.
"The world you see is created by what you focus on; it's never too late to adjust your lens."

margaritalady
Palladium Expert

Post by margaritalady » Sun May 21, 2017 8:07 pm

My thoughts exactly, Jackie! Not to mention the other business (friends, relatives and co-workers) we have either brought along with us or recommended the Palladium to. I really can't see the Palladium doing this, since they have always recognized and rewarded customer loyalty. We were in Jamaica at the beginning of May, and since there isn't a Royal area as yet, one would think that the VIP gold bracelet would not have much significance. I can only say that we were blown away by the treatment we received there. It's one of the reasons we haven't vacationed at any other resort in Mexico, Punta Cana or Jamaica since 2006!

rocky

Post by rocky » Mon May 22, 2017 7:18 am

This year will be our 10th and 11 th trip to the Palladium in Riviera Maya. We have spent over $30000 in this time. We have recieved 2 gold bracelets and have never used the Royal pool or the restaurant. it is a great feeling to be recognized as a VIP and we do enjoy some of the perks. No towel card, making reservations, the snacks at Lajarra although we never sit in the Bali beds and just the feel of being a little special and appreciated for a a multi returning guest. I would be disappointed to loose this perk after having recieved it.

Rosa HM Riviera

Post by Rosa HM Riviera » Mon May 22, 2017 10:15 am

Good morning to all,

First an apology for the delay to post a response on behalf of the Management of the Hotel, as I wanted to do a deep investigation of what happened it took longer than I expected.

Thank you margaritalady for posting this topic as it gives us the opportunity to clarify this information of "Discontinuing Gold Bracelets in 2018" this is a misunderstanding, and came indeed from one rep of Travel Club not from the Management of the Hotel; so far there is no information that any color of bracelet will be removed from the current ones we have, and we deeply regret any inconvenience created by this information; the bracelets we have now remain with the same colors.

Laura, our TC Manager will take the necessary measures to avoid that this type of erroneous information is said again in the sales room of Travel Club.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this situation, I continue in touch for any further clarification,

Rosy
Rosa Rivero
Hospitality Manager

Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa
The Royal Suites Yucatán

longislander

Post by longislander » Mon May 22, 2017 10:29 am

Hi Rosa,

Thank you for your help but there remains some unknowns. Most people understand that the gold bracelet will not be removed. It is just a matter if the gold bracelet will be issued to non TC members who are multiple time customers. It will be greatly appreciated if you can further clarify on this.
Thanks

Den4

Post by Den4 » Mon May 22, 2017 10:36 am

After vacationing at GP-RM for many years I have enjoyed the few extra perks the gold bracelets have provided us. Those who are critical of the regular gold vacationers may have not been thinking clearly (for a moment) and may regret their post. We should all be courteous and enjoy our Mexico vacations whether we wear regular gold or super-duper gold. Enjoy your day.
:61:

Rosa HM Riviera

Post by Rosa HM Riviera » Mon May 22, 2017 10:47 am

longislander wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 10:29 am
Hi Rosa,

Thank you for your help but there remains some unknowns. Most people understand that the gold bracelet will not be removed. It is just a matter if the gold bracelet will be issued to non TC members who are multiple time customers. It will be greatly appreciated if you can further clarify on this.
Thanks
Hi longislander,

As mentioned before the color of bracelets we have right now remain the same, Gold for TC Members and the other Gold that Palladium issues for the loyal guests.

If I receive any update from the management regarding bracelet changes, I will make sure to post it here.

I hope this answer your question, have a great day!

Rosy
Rosa Rivero
Hospitality Manager

Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa
The Royal Suites Yucatán

Jeffster
Moderator/Grand Palladium Jamaica Expert

Post by Jeffster » Mon May 22, 2017 11:25 am

:2:
ROSA
Another TC rumor that turns out be false. And of course it was posted on the most inaccurate travel site out there, the dreaded TA
:22:
"The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass"

LadyMcCutiepie
Top Twenty Poster

Post by LadyMcCutiepie » Mon May 22, 2017 11:55 am

Two things and then I'm going to hope that someone can edit the Post title so as not to alarm anyone.

First, Thank you Rosa! Thanks for checking in, I've noticed this a few times and it's really appreciated. Thanks also for clearing up any confusion and putting an end to rumor.

Second, I've never understood why some people think that just because you aren't staying in the Royal section that you've automatically paid much less than someone else. For myself, I've noticed many times that it's just as cheap to book a Junior Suite in Royal as it is a Mayan Suite in any other section and we've booked Mayan Suites three times.

Have a great Monday everyone!!!
Kelly

GPRM WS Mayan Suite May 2012
GPRM Kantenah May 2013
GPRM Kantenah Mayan Suite May 2014
GPRM Colonial Dec 2014
GPRM Colonial Dec 2015
GPRM Colonial Mayan Suite Sep 2016

Jackie121
Executive Chatterbox /Moderator

Post by Jackie121 » Mon May 22, 2017 12:46 pm

Gracias Rosy! Rumours like this spread like wildfire and it's such a benefit to have you on this forum to clear things up. We are all very appreciative. :52:
"The world you see is created by what you focus on; it's never too late to adjust your lens."