Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Salvador Brazil   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

TRS questions

Main Forum
NSPlover

TRS questions

Post by NSPlover » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:16 pm

It's been a long time since I've been to Punta Cana and the Royal Suites. I know there have been a number of changes since. For example, when we were last there, it only had one Gourmet restaurant that was open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There was no outdoor/patio type dining areas. I think a French restaurant and a beach club have been added since? Anything else?

At the time we stayed in the "new" section, a deluxe junior suite. I remember it as being a bit of a walk from the beach... We're thinking about returning this spring and are wondering what room category we would need to get to be near the beach - I think building 50 or 52 is closest? Our preference is for something with a king bed on the first or second floor (we're not as young as we used to be...) any ideas what is best to book?

Thanks
NS Plover: The NS stands for Nova Scotia. The Plover is either a bird that runs around beaches or a planet lover...

minou
Moderator/Palladium Expert

Re: TRS questions

Post by minou » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:21 am

Yes, it has been a while since you were in Punta Cana (maybe about 2009). My suggestion would be the older section, buildings 50-52 as you suggested. I prefer a second floor room and the Royal Junior Suite is great. If you wish a Master suite they are also fantastic.

There are now four TRS restaurants (The original Royal Gourmet, the French Le Chanterelle, the new beach bar Helios and a new restaurant directly across from the palace lobby). The new beach bar serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.

MInou

NSPlover

Post by NSPlover » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:00 pm

Thanks for the info, it looks like the Royal Junior Suite will be my choice since none of the packages with direct flights from here offer the Master.

The pictures of the new beach club look great...
NS Plover: The NS stands for Nova Scotia. The Plover is either a bird that runs around beaches or a planet lover...

NSPlover

Post by NSPlover » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:44 pm

minou wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:21 am
Yes, it has been a while since you were in Punta Cana (maybe about 2009). My suggestion would be the older section, buildings 50-52 as you suggested. I prefer a second floor room and the Royal Junior Suite is great. If you wish a Master suite they are also fantastic.

There are now four TRS restaurants (The original Royal Gourmet, the French Le Chanterelle, the new beach bar Helios and a new restaurant directly across from the palace lobby). The new beach bar serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.

MInou
Your guess of 2009 was close! We were there in April of 2010... Since then we were at the Mayan Riviera Palladium 3 times and the Jamaica one once. I'm seeing some nice flight times for DR and the shorter flight is always nice, so I'm trying to talk my husband into it...

srmlan

Post by srmlan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:46 pm

What is the new restaurant directly across from the Palace Lobby?

minou
Moderator/Palladium Expert

Post by minou » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:26 pm

If I am not mistaken it is the Argentine restaurant called La Paisana. The menu is posted under the food and beverage section using the Punta Cana link at the top of the page. It is in the place where the Brazilian (Rodizio) was ... beside the Japanese.

Minou

pcgal

Post by pcgal » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:02 pm

Actually directly across from the Palace lobby is the Palace buffet, then beside that is the Indian restaurant then Kusko then Teppenyaki. The Argentine restaurant is in the old Hemmingway location behind the Bavaro lobby.