Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Salvador Brazil   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Free upgrade with booking

Main Forum

Free upgrade with booking

Post by hamptonn11 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:26 pm

This is my first time traveling to TRS. It will be our honeymoon and our first all inclusive vacation together!
When our travel agent booked we got a free room upgrade (upon availability), currently we booked a Royal Deluxe Junior Suite Swim Up because we wanted to be guaranteed a swim up.

My question is, if we are able to upgrade we don't want a non swim up room and from following these forums I understand we should email the hotel the week prior. If I specify that I would like an upgrade to the next 'level' swim up is that a possibility? or will I end up getting the next step up without a swim up room. If that even makes sense.

In the email should I specify that I got a 'free upgrade' when we booked?

Thanks so much,
any more tips would be wonderful, we are so excited & April cannot come soon enough :9:
Natalie & Cliff

Re: Free upgrade with booking

Post by LindseyandIan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:36 pm

We are also spending our honeymoon at TRS Turquesa in April 2018 and have also booked a deluxe junior suite swim up with travel company saying free upgrade if available.
So we are also very interested in any replies as an upgrade would be great but only if it is to another swim up
Hope everything goes ok with your wedding plans and who knows we might be there at the same time.
Best wishes Ian and Lindsey
Lindsey & Ian

MR Colonial 2008
MR Colonial 2009
MR Colonial 2012
MR Riviera / Royal 2014
MR Royal 2015
MR TRS Yucatan 2018
PC TRS Turquesa 2018
MR TRS Yucatan 2019

Forum Moderator

Post by razel1952 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:53 pm

I'm considering the words "upon availability" in your post.
From experience, all upgrades are usually given if there are rooms available. If rooms are already booked and paid for, there is nothing the resort can do. With that in mind, if you are wanting a swim up and are booked in a deluxe jr swim up suite, when arriving, I would ask if the available upgrade is a swim up and if it is a room on the second floor, I would decline, even if it is a larger suite. If swim up is your desire, stay with it.
You may also send in a room request, no more than 6-7 days prior to your arrival and explain your situation. They may keep your request in mind when booking the rooms for that week. It will be a hit or miss as to how busy the resort will be at the time of your arrival. I can tell you, however, if the rooms are available, the resort is very generous with their upgrades. I believe you will be very happy in any of the swim up rooms. And congratulations on your marriage.
Salt Water Tanks
Treasure Coast Corals, Inc. ... 0541496234

Moderator/Palladium Expert

Post by minou » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:37 am

If you are being offered a free upgrade in the swim up area it will probably be a junior suite. The next level of upgrade would be a full suite... chances of this is not great. If swimups are not available and you love the beach try buildings 50 to 52

Post by hamptonn11 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:37 pm

Thank you all for the information! That is a great help!!! Either way, we are super excited to be traveling to this resort.
We will be there from April 8-18!!