Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Salvador Brazil   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

first time to punta cana

Trip Report Forum
dfh98
Top Twenty Poster

first time to punta cana

Post by dfh98 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:22 am

I recently spent 2 glorious weeks at the Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium. I was quite excited to go on this trip after having spent the last 8 trips in Mexico, I had previously visited Puerto Plata and heard that Punta Cana was a different experience. It certainly did not disappoint. After a quick transfer to the resort we were welcomed by smiling faces and a cool drink. We had checked in early afternoon and I did not spend the time unpacking..... I think I was in that swim up pool in about 4 minutes flat. about 2 minutes later the pool waitress (a lovely girl named Mirabel) was bringing a cool drink.. saying hola and getting to know us. There were about 100 in our group and she kept us all straight.. our likes and dislikes.
I have previously stayed in the Royal Suites in both Puerto Vallarta and the Riviera Maya. The resorts all have their own special place in my heart. While I thought that nothing could outdo the rooms in the Riviera Maya I must admit when walking into the Punta Cana room...... I was stunned. Such a pretty room and the bed was very comfy...... I had no trouble sleeping at all. I loved my Magic Box. When you order room service which I did most mornings they put your order in a box in the closet from the outside and turn on the red light in your room. you open the box from your side and take your food........ when done just put your dishes in the box and turn on the other light switch which signals them to pick up the dishes. loved that concept. The maids are sweet and would make things out of the curtains and bedcovers every day. Anything you needed you had only to ask the Butlers and it appeared. Hola to Melke, David and Abel in Building 55.
The food was delicious and I can't say I had a bad meal. We went to the French Restaurant quite often - it's true what you read - the Chateaubriand is to die for. as is the cheese fondue
My expectations on going was that it would be hot, humid, rainy, buggy etc. after all we were travelling late September. The days and nights were warm but a nice breeze often came by to cool you........ a nice dunk in the pool didn't hurt either...
I did not find it humid at all - that surprised me the most. The rain was usually at night and I only knew that because the last two feet of the deck would be wet in the morning. We had rain in the afternoon twice........ for 10 minutes. Thunder and lightning in the evenings.....
Days were spent floating in the pool and visiting with old and new friends met along the way.
The resort gave a fiesta for the Palladium Addicts. (about 100 in attendance) There was a show before dinner that was simply amazing. A wonderful dinner and party followed. The band was fantastic and everyone had such a good time. There was an awards party the next night (ok I admit...... I slept through it but I heard it was so much fun. I am sorry I missed it. The next day we did a catamaran trip to Sanoa. That was a fun day as well.
The next week was full of lazy relaxing days by the pool. I was sad to see it end but ready to go home to normal life where there is no butler..... or chef......or maid.
Would I go back to this resort? In a heartbeat. Thank you to Octavio, Carmen and Raimundo for making my first experience in Punta Cana one I will always remember.