Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Salvador Brazil   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Bavaro June 13 - June 20

Trip Report Forum

Bavaro June 13 - June 20

Post by TeriMD » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:08 pm

hi, just returned last night from our trip. This is our fourth year in a row to the Palladium Punta Cana, our first time staying in the Bavaro Section.

we had booked a junior suite and I sent our room request a week prior asking for ocean view (villa 27, 28 or 29) Upon arrival they had put us in bldg 19 room 1918 end room, first floor ocean view. We were very pleased with the perk. We asked about upgrading to a swim out and they didn't have one available that day, but did move 2 days later to room 1955. The rooms are gorgeous! The swim out was fantastic as hubby an I are people watchers so it was nice to watch and speak to a lot of those that passed by.

After the first night in the swim out we noticed the water had really gone down below the jets and figured they had to do some sort of maintenance. When we woke the next day and saw there was only ONE foot of water in the pool we went to see what was going on. It took about 2 day for the pool to fill back up and we were upset because we had paid for this upgrade. They were going to move us to the RST section but we opted to stay where we were with the promise the pool would be filled. In the end management corrected the situation and made things right.

the weather was perfect the whole time we were there! The food was good and we enjoyed 3 meals at the steakhouse and two at the Japanese, one at the brazillian. One night we at Mare Nostrums and as usual the risotto was very good.

The staff and grounds were great as we expected and enjoyed conversing with everyone.

We did take a day trip to Saona Island. I'm glad we got this out of the way and will not talk about it on future trips. In my opinion.... the beach at the resort is 10x's better than this beach. We were there was nothing but rocks, rocks rocks! everyone was struggling to get in and out of the water because there was a foot drop off and then nothing but rocks and seaweed. There were bees everywhere and as soon as I set my drink down a cluster of 5-10 bees would appear around my cup. The vendors on the beach were relentless and would NOT leave us alone. It seemed every 10 minutes someone was asking if we wanted to buy something. I will never waste day like that away from the beautiful resort!

Overall we had great time as usual and love this resort! We will definitely be back next year. The staff really does go above and beyond to make your stay fantastic!
Photo's linked below.
Teri and Ben ... ana%202014
RST Punta Cana 6/2011
RST Punta Cana 6/2012
RST Punta Cana 6/2013
Bavaro Swim Outs PC 6/2014
GP LH Jamaica Get Together 10/2014
GP RM 10 YR Get Together 5/2015
GP RM Colonial Mayan Suite 1/2016
GP PC Bavaro Luxury Master Suite 6/2016
GP RM White Sands Mayan Suite 5/2017
Bavaro Swim Outs PC 8/2017