Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Salvador Brazil   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

GP Punta Cana Trip Report July 7th - 14th

Trip Report Forum
Julie76

GP Punta Cana Trip Report July 7th - 14th

Post by Julie76 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:52 am

Hi there! Here is my report for our trip at the GP in July 2015

Check-in with Sunwing was quick ( since all my papers were printed and filled at home!) Arrived at resort around 12h00, room was ready at 3h45pm... Beach towels were not in the room, like they told us and it took 18 hours to get them... Bottle of rum in room and fruit basket...

We were 2 adults and 10 YO daughter. Loft Suite in Punta Cana section, room # 7316. Well situated, in front of family pool, next to kids pool, near PC lobby and buffet El Behique. Room was very clean and up to date. 2 flat screens TV, 2 telephone, shower and toilet in the same space, bathtub in the room. A lot of storage place with 2 dressers and hangers for clothes. 2nd floor we had a king size bed, very hard but confortable.

Beach was horrible.... Not a lot of people on beach du to the seaweeds.... Went in the water once only.... What a shame....

The pool was cool in the morning but warmed up in the afternoon. Water was, most of the time, clean. A lot of people in the pool since the beach was not nice. Reserved my chair at 7 am since they went fast. We were at the pool from 8am to 5pm everyday, left for lunch only!!!

The food at the El Behique was good, no complaints. Went to the Bavaro Buffet for dinner twice, very good! A la Carte Rodizio was awful... The meat was not tender, and no flavour at all..... Sumptuori was excellent, stayed in line from 4h45pm to 5h40pm to make reservations for the cooking show at 7h30 that night, it's worth it! Went to the Italian twice, very good and the steakhouse, wasn't that bad, but the waiting was awful... we arrived at 6h30, waited until 8pm to get a table.... Did not try the other ones... They should revised their A La Carte system...

The service was ok... Sometimes they forgot to put a smile on their faces before coming to work!!! And it was hard to have a conversation with the employees, maybe I should work more on my spanish!!!

Overall, we had a great time, but I don't think I'll go back. The resort is huge, if you don't like walking, don't go there!!!!!

Barcelo Marina Palace, Varadero, July 2010
Playa Pesquero, Holguin , June 2011
Sol sirenas Coral, Varadero, July 2012
GP Kantenah, Riviera Maya March 2013
Vik Arena Blanca, Punta Cana, February 2014
Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica, October 2014
GP Punta Cana, July 2015
Iberostar Daiquiri, Cayo Guillermo 2016
Grand Paradise Playa Dorada, Puerto Plata 2017
GP Kantenah, October 2017