Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Salvador Brazil   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

January 31- February 7, 2016: Paradise Revisited

Trip Report Forum
Moderator/Palladium Expert

January 31- February 7, 2016: Paradise Revisited

Post by minou » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:45 pm

Positive Surprises: Minimal seaweed on the beach; A very knowledgeable Dietary Card Program at the a la cartes; Wonderful honeymoon suite 5125; Excellent butler service (Melky, Carlos, Abel and Ynando) and beach service (Patricio); and Excellent wait service by Ramonita
We have been to The Royal Suites Turquesa numerous times and we return to enjoy the fantastic Bavaro Beach, the great cuisine, lovely rooms and our Dominican family. Upon arrival we were immediately greeted by Dionisio and Nilcina. We were quickly transported to our Royal Honeymoon Suite (5125) by Tomas. Upon entering we were greeted by a fruit basket, a lovely flower arrangement, and a wonderful view of the ocean. The remainder of the afternoon we visited with friends and staff at both the main pool bar (Danny, Margarita, Rosa) and the lobby bar (Juan, Christain). In both cases we were greeted by hugs and handshakes, and our favourite beverages appeared without being requested. Now that is great service
I am a beach person and the beach is paramount to the success of any vacation. We love the beach with its lovely sand, shaded palapas, on-shore breeze, and of course the sounds and sights of the ocean. I love the sight of the sun rising early in the morning. For those who have read the reviews which state the Palladium beach is not good, forget them. The Bavaro beach is fantastic! Long strengths of beautiful white sand are easy to walk, explore, and are safe for children (with parental guidance). The beach can have steady winds, ocean waves breaking over off-shore reefs, and slight undertows.
The Royal bars (lobby, pools, Royal beach), as well as Hemmingways, all provide guests premium liquors, cava and beer. Outstanding bar staff included Danny (Supervisor), Juan (lobby bar), as well as Patricio and Maragrita (main pool bar). Many of the bar staff immediately recalled your favourite liquid refreshment and prepared it without being asked! Great Service!
Butlers provide many services which help make a holiday unique. Carlos, Ynando, Melky, and Abel are some who made our stay memorable. Their smiling faces, a cheerful “Hola” and their pleasant personalities were fantastic. They helped make dinner reservations, got golfcart transportation, as well as sorted out minor room issues. Whenever you need anything, ask your butler … they frequently have the answers to your inquiries. Ynando (King Kong) also does a great job entertaining guests at the main pool bar (4pm) with his dancing! Such enthusiasm!

Ramonita is an unique and outstanding member of the Royal Suites restaurant staff. Her friendly manner, accompanied by her willingness to make your meal a wonderful experience, are just two of her many traits. No request goes unanswered. Other memorable staff included Jose Luis Claribel, and Juan Edwardo.
The Palladium has recently introduced a Dietary Card program for guests with food allergies and concerns. Coloured cards (stating the allergy/concern) are given to the guests at check-in to be displayed during meals. Well-trained and knowledgeable staff examine the cards and assist the guest determine appropriate culinary suggestions for the meal.
Lunch at the Royal Gourmet included culinary delights which changed on a daily basis. Selections varied from duck to beef, to seafood, as well as vegetarian and angus burger choices. A seafood chowder, laced with a wide variety of seafoods (clams, shrimp, lobster tails), was a constant beginning to my Royal lunches.
Two restaurants (Royal Gourmet and Le Chanterelle) are open for dinner at the Royal Suites. While lobster and steak were my entrees of choice most nights, a multitude of culinary delights were available. My favourite Le Chanterelle meal commences with the Manchego cheese fondue, followed by Chateaubriand for two, and with the cointreau-laden crepes suzettes for dessert. An after dinner cognac is an excellent way to finish a delightful meal. Dinner presentation was fantastic. Desserts were artfully presented with colourful designs and with food strategically placed.
The Rodizio (Brazilian) a la carte is a wonderful culinary experience for meat lovers! Beef, lamb, pork and chicken arrive on skewers at your table. All you have to decide is the quantity you require. But better than the meat is the BBQ’d Pineapple. This delicious, juicey warm delicacy also arrives on the spit! It is to die for.
The steakhouse is also a favourite. Thick cuts of beef are prepared to your satisfaction. If the steak is not done to perfection, inform the wait staff and it will be grilled to your satisfaction.
The Spanish a la carte (Tapeo) presents a wide variety of appetizers for you to sample and share. This delightful dinner was topped off by the wait staff locating some “ron passa” ice cream (rum and raisin)’ something which I had been searching for since my November trip. Thank you Miquel!
The Indian a la carte did not live up to my expectations. Perhaps it was the nan (which was too hard to eat); or the small meat portions associated with the main course; or perhaps it was lack of seasonings and food samplings which I am used to in Canada. It may also be “growing pains” as the restaurant has recently opened.

The Royal Suites rooms offer a variety of accommodations from which to choose (Junior deluxe suites, deluxe suites, cabanas, one Presidential suite, master suites, as well as romance and honeymoon suites). We stayed in a Royal Honeymoon Suite (5125). The room contains an open concept bathroom (shower and toilet have frosted glass doors for privacy) and the double sink areas. The Jacuzzi tub is separated from the rest of the room by a privacy barrier. The king size bed was tastefully decorated with towel art designs and flower petals arrangements each day. Immediately outside the sliding doors was a large balcony containing a Jacuzzi hot tub and lounging area.
Room upgrades should never be the expected and they do not represent the norm within the travel industry. They are based upon a variety of factors, availability being just one.

If you have the opportunity to experience the Royal Suites Turquesa, or other sections of the Palladium complex, you are in for a fantastic vacation. Enjoy your time in paradise!