Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Salvador Brazil   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Welshdragons RST Trip Report

Trip Report Forum

Welshdragons RST Trip Report

Post by Welshdragons » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:39 am

Sorry for the delay in getting this trip report out. Better late than never!

This was our first trip to Royal Suites Turquesa and our 5 Palladium trip having been to GP RM 3 times and Ibiza once. Bit apprehensive as we couldn’t believe that anything would be as good as our beloved Mexico. Well we had an amazing holiday and the Palladium has exceeded all our expectations once again. I think overall Punta Cana is now our favourite as the beach is just spectacular.

We stayed in Room 5325 – a Royal Romance suite with a large double balcony and indoor full sized Jacuzzi tub. We had a couple of issues initially with the room (Jacuzzi leaking) but as soon as we rang the butler it was sorted within the hour. Excellent service.

We are Travel Club members and thoroughly enjoyed the perks including the TC lounge on the beach which is just amazing. Rosa and Denise looked after us impeccably. They are professional and very friendly and very quick to spot when your drink is running low !! The pick up from the airport was a bit more complicated due to the queues at the Hotel Beds desk but once our taxi driver had eyeballed us we were off and transported quickly to the resort. Check in was easy enough but we were very tired after a nine hour flight and an hours delay at Gatwick. Met our lovely TC Rep Myra who was always on hand to help us out with any queries.

Quickly settled in and found our bearings. The resort is set up very similar to GP RM so it was easy to find our way around and found the restaurants, fixtures and fittings are nice and familiar.

The first time we went to the beach we just couldn’t believe the turquoise of the sea and the fine sand. We are beach rather than pool people. There was no stingray shuffle and no need for beach shoes. Although we did very much miss the snorkelling. There was very little seaweed and when there was after a storm the staff were on the beach at the crack of dawn clearing it all up.

As Travel Club members we booked all our a la carte restaurants in advance. This was brilliant as there did look as if lots of people were frustrated in the queues even if you went early. Tried the Mexican, steak house, Indian, Chinese and did the Italian twice. The Royal restaurants were really high quality and it was really difficult to tear ourselves away to eat elsewhere sometimes. The Chataubriand was deeee lish. We were treated to excellent service throughout apart from the Chinese where they didn’t seem to have enough staff. The staff in the Italian treated us like royalty and we had such a fantastic time there We were serenaded by the band so we got up and had a lovely dance in the middle of the restaurant much to the hilarity of other guests (we were on our second bottle of wine by then)…..

A special mention to Sonia and Jonatan in the Steak house who looked after us amazingly. It was my birthday and the TC arranged for a birthday cake to be served and all the staff gathered to sing me happy birthday. It made me feel very, very spoilt. The TC also decorated our room with balloons, flowers and a bottle of sparkling wine. Had a great day.

We spoilt ourselves and did 3 trips in all and booked through Hotel Extras in the Royal Lobby. They were all excellent and we thought value for money. Firstly we did the Marinarium and swam with nursing sharks and stingrays. Brilliant fun and great swimming in the ocean. Felt very safe and secure and the staff on the trip were always available if you felt a bit vulnerable in the water.

Saona Island day trip by speedboat and catamaran was just out of this world. The island is so beautiful and the lunch and organisation was excellent. Again the staff on the trip were such fun. We danced all the way back on the catamaran fuelled by lots of rum and had dancing lessons too.

Samana by plane. This was the best trip. We went on a small plane (holds about 40 people) to the north of the island. Gorgeous views from the plane. Went whale watching and saw mummy humpbacks and their babies, went horse riding to the waterfalls and this was not for the fainthearted as you do get really muddy but it really was the highlight of the trip. My stomach was aching from laughing. Staff were great and kept us informed at all times even though we were the only English speaking customers on the trip.

Met loads of great people from all over the world. Lots of Canadians, Americans and South Americans. The staff make this resort from the gardeners (who by the way do a spectacular job, the grounds here are the best I have ever seen) to the Maitre D’s in the restaurants were friendly, approachable and I felt genuinely wanted you to have a great time and experience.

Thanks Palladium staff and Palladium addicts for another fantastic holiday. Already planning the next one and going to do Punta Cana again.