Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Salvador Brazil   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

First time visit

Main Forum
Maya4

First time visit

Post by Maya4 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:28 am

Hello:
I am going to the Jamaica resort for the first time in mid December with a 7 year old and a almost 4 year old. I have a few questions!

1. what would be the best area of the resort to stay for a room that is quiet but also a reasonably close walk to the beach, pools and restaurants?
2. I noticed the kids club says it starts at age 4 - my daughter will be two weeks away from turning 4. Will they still let her in the kids club?
3. How have other parents found the quality of care at the kids club?
4. Do they have sand toys available to borrow at the resort? (buckets, shovels etc?)
5. Are you able to request a cot in your room? If you are staying in a junior suite and there are two beds, are they double size or queen?
5. Any other tips?

Thanks so much!

merv268
Forum Moderator

Re: First time visit

Post by merv268 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:07 am

Hello,
I just know you will love Jamaica!
I don’t believe you can borrow buckets and sand tools for kids but when the child is at the kids club they them for the kids there.
The kids looked really happy, the POP look very attenative as well when we saw them. As a parent it is has always concerned me when I see kids left in care but honestly they all look like they are having fun and the care givers (POp) are always attentive. They are holding hands, kids really like them.
Schedule breakfast with RAGGS on Wednesday mornings. Schedule on Monday at Guest Services. The small store is a bit expensive so I would take a blow up floatie (they blow it up for you at the entertainment hut) and take some small fun things. We took balls to play with in the water (and this was for adults):). Yes, order a cot for sure, and ask when you do your room request.
The restaurants and kids pool are to the right side of the main building (Jamaica side) all buildings are close but there is one building right near the kids pool that Is great and i’ll find out that number and post again.
Lots of foods for kids at the buffet they will recognize and enjoy. Not to worry about that. Enjoy!!!!!
:59:
16 times @ GP Resorts, we are addicted!

MindyH8

Post by MindyH8 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:03 pm

Building 11 on the Jamaica side is closest to the kiddie pool.

shawn321
Forum Moderator

Post by shawn321 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:58 pm

Greetings
For the youngsters question, between Raggs and the POP team your little guys will
be emersed in enjoyment! As stated very attentive, and so much for them to do. Every time we passed
the group of kids with the pop team they were all having a ball, and very well supervised.

Have a great time kids!