Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Salvador Brazil   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

RCI Membership ?

iammags

RCI Membership ?

Post by iammags » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:41 am

Hi, I've been getting a lot of offers to "renew" our membership from RCI, which confuses me a little. I'm hoping that someone can help me understand why I need an RCI membership when I have a TC membership which includes RCI. I've tried to ask both the TC and RCI to no avail. Neither can tell me why I have to pay a membership with them. Can one of you wonderful TC addicts help? I would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

mzipper

Re: RCI Membership ?

Post by mzipper » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:57 pm

There are 2 ways to use our exchange weeks with RCI:

1. Have the TC Exchange services take care of it for you. This has a fixed fee. In this case, my understanding is you do not need to keep an active RCI membership.

2. Have the TC Exchange services deposit weeks into your account, you then control how these are used within the RCI system - for example you might be able to get more than 1 exchange with your deposit or you might need more than 1 deposit week to get to the total you need. You control the ongoing searches, etc. This has a different cost - there is a 1 time/yr cost from the TC for depositing as many weeks as you want + the RCI exchange fees. This total is actually less than the TC taking care of it for you (at least in our case). This also requires an active RCI membership - the one they want you to renew.

There are some nuances to doing this yourself, but our experience has been very positive and we keep an active RCI membership. I have several posts in the past on some of the things we have learned along the way.

Hope this helps.
2010 GP Jamaica
2011 GP Riviera Maya
2012 GP Punta Cana
2013 GP Riviera Maya
2014 GP Jamaica Palladium Addict Get Together
2015 GP Riviera Maya Palladium Addict Get Together
2016 GP Riviera Maya Palladium Addict Get Together
2016 GP Punta Cana Palladium Addict Get Together
2017 GP Riviera Maya
2017 GP Riviera Maya Addict Get Together

iammags

Post by iammags » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:26 pm

So, if the TC books it I don't have to have an active RCI membership? And I pay a different fee for them to book?
I have used RCi once, on my own, with the TC depositing weeks in my account then I booked. I guess that was the year we joined the TC so I probably didn't have to pay a RCI membership that year.
It does get a bit confusing. And I've found that every time I want to use RCI there isn't anything available in the area that we want to vacation in.
But I'll plug along..
Thanks !

cspsyd

Post by cspsyd » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:38 am

Hi all! I'm new here and really wanted to piggy back on this question rather than starting a new thread... Where did you find/how did you get login information for RCI in the first place? I have been through my contract and have my PTC and WP info, but nothing for RCI. I would like to beginning planning a Disney vacay for next summer and imagine those sites go fast, so I want to get a jump on it! Thanks for any advice you might have!

iammags

Post by iammags » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:51 am

Hi,
I believe that you have to email the World Pass people. I think that the email is reservations@world-pass.com. They have to set up your RCI account for you. Here is the address of the person that helped me. maki.worldpass@gmail.com

I hope this helps and that my info is not outdated. Happy vacationing! :)

cspsyd

Post by cspsyd » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:09 am

THANKS! I'll try that.

Basyjames

Post by Basyjames » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:22 pm

I was able to get a lot of info and answers from Blanca Medina, she contacted RCI, got me registered and sent me the info on what I need to pay to get my weeks deposited. Her response time is impressive. This is her contact info
exchange.services@palladiumtravelclub.net