Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Salvador Brazil   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Best airport transfer and beach info compared to RM

Main Forum
Rum Runner

Best airport transfer and beach info compared to RM

Post by Rum Runner » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:55 pm

Hello fellow PA's! The wife and I have done Riviera Maya 5 times and decided to check out PV at the end of January. We always use AGI over there for our transportation. I'm looking for the best option for transfer from the airport to the Palladium. Cost, reliability, safety. Appreciate any help. Also appreciate any info specific to the resort. We love the beach in RM and I'm wondering how PV compares. Any info helps. Thanks y'all.

Moderator/Palladium Expert

Re: Best airport transfer and beach info compared to RM

Post by captainjkirk » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:14 pm

PV transfers are set up a little different, round trip booking are not allowed, some kind of local law, so what we have done in the past is use VIP Vallarta to transfer to the resort from the airport, and for the return trip you just grab one of the taxi vans from in front of the resort.
Beach in PV is a little different, nice, and the ocean views are short of amazing but during high tide you are limited to a very small beach indeed, once low tide arrives you can make it around the points at the either end of the resort and go for a nice walk. On our past visits we have stayed on the Royal side but due to recent renovations they no longer have a Royals or Adults only area.
2011 FEB Grand Bahia Principe Ambar PC
2012 FEB GP Kantenah MR , JUL Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Varadero
2013 FEB GP Jamaica, JUL GP RS Punta Mita PV, SEP GP RS Turquesa PC
2014 MAY GP RS Yucatan MR, JUL Melia Cayo Coco, NOV GP RS Punta Mita PV
2015 MAY GP RS Yucatan MR, SEP Melia Cayo Coco
2016 APR GP Kantenah MR, SEP GP RS Turquesa PC
2017 APR Melia Las Dunas, Cayo Santa Maria,NOV TRS Turquesa PC