Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Salvador Brazil   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Renovation Schedule

Main Forum
Brenda
Founder / Manager

Renovation Schedule

Post by Brenda » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:25 pm

COMING SOON
As our commitment to providing guests’ with an exceptional vacation experience continues to be our prime focus, we are very excited to announce changes to Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa and The Royal Suites Punta de Mita by Palladium.

Below please find a complete timeline of the renovations at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa. Every effort will be made to ensure that this process will not affect our guests’ vacation experience.

Lobby - Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
August 15th- November 15th, 2017: Renovations to the current lobby. The lobby of The Royal Suites Punta de Mita will be used for all Front Desk services during this time.

*Please note that during this time, guests of The Royal Suites will share the lobby with families. All of facilities will remain as adults-only.

Las Terrazas Restaurant
August 15th - November 15th, 2017: Renovations to this buffet restaurant. During this time, guests may enjoy from any other of the buffet or a-la-carte restaraurants.

Suites
September 1st-December 1st, 2017: Select suites from The Royal Suites Punta de Mita will be remodeled and converted to upgraded categories to fit into the Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa offering.

We will continue to keep you updated with any further developments and updates.

kfrank

Re: Renovation Schedule

Post by kfrank » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:50 pm

Brenda and/or recent visitors: Please provide a current update on changes and renovations. What room types are available in the former Royal Suites villas #4 and #5 -- upgrades Master Suites and Junior Suites? Are there any adult-only rooms available anywhere in the resort?

What has become of the Punta Mita Restaurant? What is it now? What are the hours? Does the Punta Mita pool bar still offer lunch and snacks?

I read one post that said the Punta Mita Restaurant was now Ribs and More? If so, what became of the former Ribs and More?

Are breakfasts and lunches now available only at the buffet?

Is the Hemingway Bar permanently being relocated to the Royal Suites lobby?

Are all ages now able to use the old Royal Suites pools?

We have visited Grand Palladium properties 6 times. Our most recent visit was to Puerto Vallarta last May. We stayed in the Royal Suites and loved it. We are anxious to return, but have some concerns about the changes. Updated information will help us decide.

Thanks.

Tomsterca

Post by Tomsterca » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:21 pm

We will be there starting next Friday(Feb.02) and can give you a complete evaluation. This will be our 5th time there and our first "non Royal" due to the changes but wanted to give it a chance to see.

Post a list of everything you need to know and I will see what I can do to answer it.

Regards
Tom

kfrank

Post by kfrank » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:28 pm

Tom: Thanks so much for your reply. We've decided to do what you did. We've booked a trip to the Grand Palladium Puerto Vallarta for late April. We're willing to try again even though the Royal Suites have been eliminated. We've booked a Junior Suite and plan to ask for a room in Villa #4 or #5.

I've read posts on Trip Advisor. It sounds like there is a new seafood restaurant, the Nest. If you try it, let me know what you think. Where is Ribs and More?

One concern is the ability to make restaurant reservations for the ala cartes. I guess you can book two nights from your room, but many sounded like the reservation system was not working. What were your experiences? Any recourse if the room reservation system did not work?

Where did you stay? How were the rooms?

Where is the Hemingway Bar?

Was the old Royal pool crowded with kids? Does the old Royal bar still serve snacks throughout the day?

What did you enjoy? What disappointments?

Thanks again for your willingness to answer my questions. Have a wonderful vacation. I'm looking forward to your trip report.

Tomsterca

Post by Tomsterca » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:42 am

Here are a few answers for you now, more to come.

The Royal restaurant is now The Nest. It is a seafood a la Carte but is open for breakfast and lunch during the day. The Royal pool is now open to all ages. There are still some snacks done during the day. The Royal suites are slowly being renovated into family friendly rooms. The old Royal lobby is now aTravel Club room.

More answers as time goes on. We are here for 13 more days so post any further questions and I will reply.

Regards

Tom

Tomsterca

Post by Tomsterca » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:24 am

A couple more bits of information. Hemmingways is still in the same location, no changes to it other than Giovani who had been there since day one is now gone. The Royal pool is family friendly but not overly crowded yet. Chairs still available at 10 not so much of the towel game. Nightcaps still available at the tables by the formerRoyal pool so is more or less ok.
The big disappointment is that although most is still there it just doesn’t seem to have that small group atmosphere. Will we comeback here again- the jury is still out on that for now.
Regards
Tom

kfrank

Post by kfrank » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:37 pm

Hi Tom: I hope your enjoyed your vacation. Where did you stay?

You mentioned that the old Royal buildings (Villas 4 and 5) were undergoing renovation to make some rooms into large family suites. If we requested a room in one of these two villas, do you think we would be bothered by renovation noises?

Did you have any difficulty making reservations for the ala carte restaurants? Did you try booking online? Did it work? Or, did you go to the customer service desk?

Again, thanks for the updates. I appreciate your help.

Tomsterca

Post by Tomsterca » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:53 am

We were fortunate to get into building 5 of the old Royal side. There doesn't seem to be any renovations on the go at this point so at least that was the same. Building 1 has had some sections renovated so if I had to go elsewhere it would have probably been in one of those.

As we are Travel Club we had no problem's with reservations but other than that it does seem to a bit more of a chore for others. At 9:00 in the morning there is a desk open to take reservations just off the main lobby for others and usually there were 5 to 7 in line waiting. You can try and "crash" the a la cartes but that seemed to have limited success. You can also check with them when they open for possible seating later that night but again limited success. There seemed to be no consistency of the crash and on spot reservations, at one they would try and do what the could to accommodate and at the next one - too bad so sad.

We have unfortunately decide to take PV off our visit list. With former Royal side open to all there were now lineups to get in for breakfast and lunch to the former Royal restaurant and the crowd around the pool was now from all over the resort and not the same "family feeling" as we used to have. it was nice to sit around the pool bar for a night cap and socialize with others there but with open to all that has changed. The former Royal lobby bar is the same way.

I cannot rationalize spending more money to just get a slightly bigger room but having everything else and all the amenities open to every other room for a lot less cash. The kids onthe side I didn't mind, it would now have given an option to bring our grandson there which we had talked about but with all the others changes........sigh.

Regards
Tom