Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Baby it's cold outside....

Main Forum
northhillgal

Baby it's cold outside....

Post by northhillgal » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:19 pm

If I wasn't counting down the days until Sunday before, I am now!

I live in Saskatchewan Canada. For any of those who don't know, it gets COLD...VERY COLD here in the winter. At 9:00 this morning our power went out. I happen to live in a mobile home...so it doesn't take long to cool down. I was just on my way to work so off I went. The power remained off until 3:30 today, but I hung around work to help out seniors who had no place to warm up. When I got home at 6:00 tonight I found that when the power was finally restored to the province, there was a power surge that blew the board on my furnace. No plumbing shop in town carries extra of these...so the earliest I might get heat is tomorrow afternoon. It was a $300 charge for a guy to come look at the problem and then tell me they don't have the part!

Three space heaters later and my trailer is holding steady at 9 degrees Fahrenheit.

As cold as we are, I am glad this didn't happen while we were away...we could have come in to such a mess. Luckily we have enough time before we leave for Mexico to get it fixed. And in just a few days we will be sitting by the pool enjoying a drink and the heat. Yes Virgina, there is a santa claus!

Jeffster
Moderator/Grand Palladium Jamaica Expert

Re: Baby it's cold outside....

Post by Jeffster » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:31 am

:27:
Enjoy Paradise, sounds like you really need it
:60:

"The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass"[/color]

Kobe

Post by Kobe » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:34 am

Sorry to hear about your heat issues, but jealous you are leaving soon for Mexico. You may want to invest in one of the new smart thermostats like Nest. They will send you a message when your furnace is not working. Than you can either have some one come by and look at or drink more Margaritas and not worry about it.

northhillgal

Post by northhillgal » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:43 am

Sorry to hear about your heat issues, but jealous you are leaving soon for Mexico. You may want to invest in one of the new smart thermostats like Nest. They will send you a message when your furnace is not working. Than you can either have some one come by and look at or drink more Margaritas and not worry about it.
Good idea Kobe! We have someone staying at the house while we are gone....but it has made me realize I need to leave her some emergency numbers to things like a plumber, just in case.

The house is chilly this morning, but not freezing so it's not so bad. Hopefully the part comes in this morning and we have heat in no time.

LadyMcCutiepie
Top Twenty Poster

Post by LadyMcCutiepie » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:08 pm

I can't even imagine living there! So sorry that you're having issues and Jeff's right you do deserve to be leaving for Mexico soon. Enjoy, I'm sure you will.
Kelly

GPRM WS Mayan Suite May 2012
GPRM Kantenah May 2013
GPRM Kantenah Mayan Suite May 2014
GPRM Colonial Dec 2014
GPRM Colonial Dec 2015
GPRM Colonial Mayan Suite Sep 2016
RST May 2017
GPRM Colonial May 2018 #goldbandlife
TRS Yucatan Oct 2018

kino29

Post by kino29 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:42 pm

Just hope the weather is nice in Mexico when you get there. It has been cool very early this year. It was so windy and cool our last two days at the Colonial that almost nobody went in the ocean including us. The foam party was fun though since it wasn't so bloody hot dancing around as usual. The wind was so strong the foam was getting blown into the Colonial pool. This same wind was blowing strong along the whole coast day and night. When we got to Cancun it was warm out but the wind had stirred the waves up so bad it was like being in a blender. We could not enjoy the balcony on our Ocean view condo either because of the wind.

northhillgal

Post by northhillgal » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:59 pm

kino29 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:42 pm
Just hope the weather is nice in Mexico when you get there. It has been cool very early this year. It was so windy and cool our last two days at the Colonial that almost nobody went in the ocean including us. The foam party was fun though since it wasn't so bloody hot dancing around as usual. The wind was so strong the foam was getting blown into the Colonial pool. This same wind was blowing strong along the whole coast day and night. When we got to Cancun it was warm out but the wind had stirred the waves up so bad it was like being in a blender. We could not enjoy the balcony on our Ocean view condo either because of the wind.
I am sorry to hear that the weather hasn't been the best for you so far. There is so much to enjoy on the resort I bet you were still having fun though. We arrive tomorrow morning and regardless of the weather any thing beats the frigid weather we will be leaving behind.

I can almost smell the ocean and feel the breeze on my face already.