Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Repeat GP visitor question.

Main Forum
popcorn1

Repeat GP visitor question.

Post by popcorn1 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:18 pm

We will going on our 10th visit to a Grand Palladium resort soon. Our previous visits were to Mexico and Jamaica, but this time we will be visiting Punta Cana. :62: There seems to be some confusion, if we will get the VIP bracelets this time or or not, being it will be our 10th Grand Palladium vacation. I have read that VIP bracelets will be given on the 10th visit and some have said the 11th visit. Can someone confirm if the VIP bracelets are given out on the 10th or 11th repeat when visiting Punta Cana? :2:

captainjkirk
Moderator/Palladium Expert

Re: Repeat GP visitor question.

Post by captainjkirk » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:53 am

Can someone confirm if the VIP bracelets are given out on the 10th or 11th repeat when visiting Punta Cana?
10th visit in PC will get you the VIP band, (8 visits is all it takes in RM), document your past Palladium visits with dates and booking numbers, send this info into the resort with your request email 7 days prior to arrival, make mention of your hopes for a VIP band due to past visits, also have a paper copy of your past visits with you upon check in that way if there if any issue confirming your past visits, which seems to happen from time to time, you will have the info to backup your VIP perk.
:31:
The Captain
(Dave)
2011 FEB Grand Bahia Principe Ambar PC
2012 FEB GP Kantenah, JUL Paradisus Princesa Del Mar
2013 FEB GP Jamaica, JUL GP RS Punta Mita, SEP GP RS Turquesa
2014 MAY GP RS Yucatan, JUL Melia Cayo Coco, NOV GP RS Punta Mita
2015 MAY GP RS Yucatan, SEP Melia Cayo Coco
2016 APR GP Kantenah, SEP GP RS Turquesa
2017 APR Melia Las Dunas, NOV TRS Turquesa
2018 MAY GP Colonial, DEC Paradisus Rio De Oro
2019 MAY GP Colonial, MAY GP Costa Mujeres

captainjkirk

Post by captainjkirk » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:11 pm

We will going on our 10th visit to a Grand Palladium resort soon. Our previous visits were to Mexico and Jamaica, but this time we will be visiting Punta Cana. :62: There seems to be some confusion,
Oh, remember that the VIP band perk is at management's discretion, the perk is documented and if you produce a listing of all your past visits with dates and booking numbers it shouldn't be an issue but I have heard of some not receiving it. I have also heard the odd complaint that the resort should track this info and perform the upgrades on their own, well with an organization the size of Palladium with I would guess tens of thousands of guests annually, I would imagine that this info would fall though the cracks, a little leg work on the guest's part, keeping track of their visit dates and booking numbers seems reasonable, after all it is the guest who is looking for the repeat perk.
:9:
If you haven't kept track over the years you can usually find your booking numbers in past reservation emails from the resort or perhaps if a travel agent was involved they can be of assistance, once you have a list put together it is an easy thing to keep track of.

Don't arrive at the check in counter empty handed and expect the staff to realize and recognize you for your many visits, without a little proof to back up your request you will most likely be disappointed.
:10:
Oddly the bar staff always seems to recognize me on my Palladium visits, not sure why that is.
The Captain
(Dave)

gorfio

Post by gorfio » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:23 pm

popcorn1, be prepared to be disappointed in GPPC customer service. Customer loyalty means zero to them.
Catalonia Royal Bavaro '19
Grand Palladium Bavaro '18
Grand Palladium White Sands '17
Grand Palladium Bavaro '16
Grand Palladium Punta Cana '15
Riu Punta Cana Palace '13
Grand Palladium White Sands '12
Aventura Spa Palace '11 (Mayan Riviera) {It's now a Hard Rock - BOO!}
Sirenis Tropical Suites '10
Sirenis Tropical Suites '08
Sirenis Tropical Suites '05
Sirenis Tropical Suites '03
Intercontinental Presidente '00 (Cabo)
Sandals Negril '99
London '95 (British Short Film Festival)
Ireland/France/Spain '93 (Road Trip)

popcorn1

Post by popcorn1 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:56 pm

Thanks everyone for your help. :2: We have all information they need and will send it in my email room request. I will also take along a copy of this information with me for the front desk upon check-in. I do understand it is at the manager's discretion, but keeping fingers crossed. I hope we haven't made a mistake in booking Grand Palladium Punta Cana this time, because it does seem they seem to be lacking in the customer service department from what I have read online, which is a shame, because the beach and grounds, etc. look wonderful. Here is hoping Punta Cana comes close in quality and customer service, as the Mexico and Jamaica Grand Palladiums resorts did for us.

AndyMTL

Post by AndyMTL » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:51 pm

Hi popcorn1, just wondering if you were able to obtain the VIP band finally. I am in the same situation going for the 10th time. So have to decide between Punta Cana with better beaches and Costa Mujeres where it should be easier to get that band. Thanks.

minou

Post by minou » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:40 pm

You should have no problem getting the VIP bracelet as long as you have the dates, resort info (like reservation numbers etc). The resorts generally do not access the computer system of other Palladium resorts, so it is your responsibility to prove that you have been there 10 times. I never had any difficulties, but others do. If you are hassled, ask to speak to the manager. Mention Palladium Addicts and there 10 time policy. Sometimes you have to "raise a little dust" to get your point across.

captainjkirk

Post by captainjkirk » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:39 am

Sometimes you have to "raise a little dust" to get your point across.
Ah, so that's how it works eh!
The Captain
(Gringo Dave)

AndyMTL

Post by AndyMTL » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:19 pm

So, we are back from Palladium Bavaro and I am still a little confused. We managed to have the purple bands they prepared replaced with the VIP bands without "raising too much dust". However they were red in color with "VIP Guest" printed on it. So I am not sure if these were the real VIP bands, as I noticed a lot of people wearing those. We were able to book restaurants, had the room replaced with one a little closer to the beach and had a Barcelo Cream bottle gift and that's it. They said we could not go to TRS or Travel Club nor book Kusko (only for TRS and black bands - who are those?). Japanese too, we had to go book at 7 am, so did not bother. I am not complaining, as we were with a kid and could not go to TRS anyway. Booking restaurants was about all we needed. Just curious if we were entitled to something more. Questioning hotel staff wasn't very useful, they never know anything.

By the way, all bands there are now in fabric. The stay was nice. Not too much seaweed, much less than last year. The best place on the beach is beside the TRS beach - the loungers are better and nobody is there at 8 - 9 in the morning. The beach on the Bavaro side is busy very early.

captainjkirk

Post by captainjkirk » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:50 pm

True VIP band would have given you access to TRS as well as cart service among other things.
The Captain
(Gringo Dave)