Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Salvador Brazil   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

SUGGESTION BOX

Main Forum
dleedc

Re: SUGGESTION BOX

Post by dleedc » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:28 pm

During low season not all the buffets are open for all meals. It would be good if they posted when they would be open or closed.

minou
Moderator/Palladium Expert

Post by minou » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:42 pm

A good idea, however, I think the closing is rotating so the postings might be 'stale' and not reflect actually. However, at the resort itself there should be a posting in each lobby indicating which buffetts/restaurants are closed. Also, if you are at the RST the butlers should know because they make the reservations.

minou

Post by minou » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:43 pm

A good idea, however, I think the closing is rotating so the postings might be 'stale' and not reflect actually. However, at the resort itself there should be a posting in each lobby indicating which buffetts/restaurants are closed. Also, if you are at the RST the butlers should know because they make the reservations.

jlpsmith

Post by jlpsmith » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:48 pm

Hi,

How about installing another couple of webcams. One at the Bavaro pool and another at the Punta Cana pool.

I'm a big fan of the Bavaro section and am returning in June 2013. It would be great to be able to look in occassionally. :9:

Have a good day.

Jason

Susan1

Post by Susan1 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:36 am

Was just thinking about the RST and looking forward to Aoril/2013 and came up with a suggestion. It would be very nice to have a lunch grill right there by the main pool. I know that there is a beach grill next door but this means that you have to leave the RST. When we were there last April you would be settled in your spot by the pool basking in the sun, having a drink, talking to new friends, in the water, and then you have to get up and leave the area for lunch. I know they bring around pizza's which is wonderful but you certainly don't want that everyday. I really like the RST because it is advertised as being the exclusive part and you can stay within that part all the time.
It is just the lunch time or afternoon snacks that would be nice to have handy. Dinner/supper is just fine because that is when you get changed and it is like going out for the evening.
Love Punta Cana.

minou

Post by minou » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:17 am

I know there are a large variety of drinks available at different bars, etc. I also know that there are fruit smoothies available at some of the buffetts (Ex. breakfast @ RST). However, every now and then I tire of alcohol or carbonated sodas(no I am not ill) and I simply want a virgin fruit drink beyond your typical orange/pineapple combination.

It would be a nice alternative if some of the bars (beach bars especially) serve fruit smoothies during the day. I don't mind requesting one and waiting for it to be prepared. Minou

joeholiday2

Post by joeholiday2 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:16 am

An Indian Al-Acarte.

The one in Jamaica is great, good food and service.
It was like being at home in our local curry house....

Bamboo is good, but not like a proper Indian with the starters and real curries.

Joe.
Proud to be a part of the Rugby League Family

minou

Post by minou » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:27 pm

A good idea, Joe. With the Indian influence in cooking on many of the islands, one would think there was a bigger influence. However, maybe it is just the British colonies. I guess they only have so many types of restaurants they can accomodate. But then, while I LOVE Indian food. While I have tried all of the restaurants in the complex, some are better than others. Maybe the management might expand the Indian influence at the bamboo. Cheers. (My daughter did her degree in Glasgow ... no Indian influence there! :61:

McMcMontreal

Post by McMcMontreal » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:17 am

M'y suggestion is : It's would be interresting to have an outside bar for the night .
Why not having a outside bar with terrace , live music ,musicians ,karaoke night,a place where we can dance outside or simply have a drink , i'm sure that can be very popular :)
If it rains , people just have to go to lobby bar :)
This bar could be at a place to not disturb the people who want to sleep.

Thank you to read my suggestion :)

McMcMontréal

Bira

Post by Bira » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:27 pm

I think it would be nice to have peanuts in the main RST lobby in the evenings while having drinks there.

KenandPaul
Top Ten Poster

Post by KenandPaul » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:49 pm

Bira wrote:I think it would be nice to have peanuts in the main RST lobby in the evenings while having drinks there.

When were at the Secrets adults only down the beach they offered both peanuts and cocktail olive s when they brought you your drink it was a nice touch. The RIU Macao offered popcorn but the smell was overwhelming.

KenandPaul
Top Ten Poster

Post by KenandPaul » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:55 pm

We may have mentioned this each time we have returned from RST but we would love to see the lights in the Royal Gourmet dimmed at night and maybe candlelight added. The lighting in the French is perfect there and with the Edith Pidif music play the ambiance is great.

We also would love to see a nightly newsletter featuring information about the coming day: weather report, drink of the day, Activities taking place, theatre events taking place. Once the template is setup very little needs to be changed after a weeks set of templates is made. This could be brought to the rooms during turndown service.

JGSmitty2

Post by JGSmitty2 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:28 am

KenandPaul wrote: We also would love to see a nightly newsletter featuring information about the coming day: weather report, drink of the day, Activities taking place, theatre events taking place. Once the template is setup very little needs to be changed after a weeks set of templates is made. This could be brought to the rooms during turndown service.
That is a great suggestion. Although I am an early riser, it would inspire my other half to get up too!
Jill
Jill and Greg Smith
TRS Yucatan April 27th - May 8th, 2018
Lady Hamilton, Jamaica Dec 7th - Dec 14th, 2017
Lady Hamilton, Jamaica Oct 2nd - Oct 9th, 2017
Royal Suites Yucatan, April 28th - May 7th, 2017
Royal Suites Turquesa, October 2016
Royal Suites Yucatan, May 2016
AND the list could go on, lol

sukie63

Post by sukie63 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:24 am

new snack bar in the PC section is open 10-5, should offer breakfast items for those late risers, also it would be nice if it was open all night like the ones in the MR, always found our way their in the MR late at night

razel1952
Forum Moderator

Post by razel1952 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:36 pm

Yes, sukie, I agree. I don't know if PC has some kind of legal restriction on doing so; I thought someone mentioned that is why one does not already exist.
Salt Water Tanks
Treasure Coast Corals, Inc.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Treasure- ... 0541496234