Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Trip Advisor Review Oct 1-8

Trip Report Forum
jenai23

Trip Advisor Review Oct 1-8

Post by jenai23 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:14 pm

“Beautiful Tranquil Resort”
5 of 5 starsReviewed October 16, 2013 NEW
We arrived at the resort about 3PM and were travelling with a total group of 12 people including my 4 year old daughter. We were part of a larger group of about 100 people attending the Palladium Addicts Fiesta. Check In was quick as soon as they figured out where to route us. We had 4 rooms in The Royal Suites and 1 Room in The Palace. All the rooms were ready and we got to them within 30 minutes. My room at the Palace was 9212, Great location, view of the beach and the ocean and steps away from The Royal Suites, we could see the building where 2 of our other rooms were located.We also had access to The Royal Suites so that when my daughter was with our Nanny we could enjoy that part of the resort with our group and all of the other Addicts. My room in The Palace was a loft suite, very nice size but not set up for a family with little kids, we had two double beds on the second level and we had 3 adults and my 4 year old up there. Yes beds are hard but not really an issue and we had no problems with the pillows. The jetted tub is in the middle of the room which we could not use because of privacy and noise but we did not travel to sit in a tub so we were fine with that. The lower level had a bathroom and living area, there is a pull out couch but we did not use it. The room is very outdated but super clean and functional. I am sure it will be on the upgrade list as they are totally renovating the Bavaro side right now. The room did have a ton of storage for clothing, shoes, etc. The balcony was a great size and fantastic view. We did have little ants in our sink but it is the tropics and we expect that and they do not bother us, they love the flowers in the rooms and any sugary drinks that you leave around. We bring zip loc bags for all of my daughters snacks and never have an issue. Our fridge was not cold when we got there but you need to have a room key in the wall at all times and leave a cabinet door open so the fridge will run, it was cold the rest of the week, same with air conditioning, by the next morning we were freezing. Our maid was fantastic and came a minimum of twice a day sometimes 3 times, we always had beer and soda, and did have to call for water but we did use a lot of it, they always brought whatever we asked for. Tips go along way for all of the employees that work for you.
We always left a few dollars in our fridge and in the tray for our maids daily. Our safe did not work when we got there but it was fixed in less than twelve hours. We are never worried as in 12 years of travelling have never had any issues with theft. When the safe was fixed we locked up our items. I even left my phones and computers out all week.

Transportation around the resort is pretty easy, we had access to The Royal Carts so we usually called for one if we needed to go far, sometimes we hopped the train but most was in walking distance. We did use the carts at night coming home from the disco etc. Never had to wait more than ten minutes.

We usually were at The Punta Cana pool, it is huge and has a zero entrance for my daughter, it also has the attached kids pool with slides and water play. We were there everyday, tons of chairs and palapas for all of us, we used Palace Pool once or twice but too deep for my daughter, we preferred the bar at The Punta Cana as it was shaded and close to the zero entry area. We used the Royal Main Pool in the afternoons and it was great, we loved the swim up pools at night as we had friends with rooms over there. All the pools were clean and refreshing.

Kids club, my daughter only went in once or twice as it is low season so not many kids, she preferred to be with us and the few other kids at the pools. It was clean, organized and lots of stuff to do inside. They did not have radios or phones to give you so I really did not like her being in there unless we were right outside in the pool area. We checked in on her in an hour but I would prefer to have a beeper or something that they can get a hold of you if she needed us.

The grounds are gorgeous, very well taken care of, very clean. You see the occasional plastic drink cup but it happens. There were always hard workers picking garbage up, or gardening. This is one of my most favorite resorts for beautiful grounds. It was great to just walk around and take it all in.

The beach is the finest you will ever step onto. Powder white sand, perfect waves, warm salt air, super clean, tons of sun beds and great drinks.

The Bavaro resort is under lots of construction but it did not really affect or bother us. You have to take a few detours but not a big deal. It will be an amazing place to stay when complete.

The restaurants are not all open at this time of year so you have to check the schedule daily. We always ate breakfast in Las Torres and always had plenty options. The omelets are fabulous. We had lunch at El Bohio a few times and I did not prefer that one. We also ate at Arrecife for lunch twice and dinner once, great each time. We used the beach Snack Bar often as they had great chicken. We ate at Trattoria and The Japanese both were great. I had the grilled lobster and it was too much for me to eat but I shared. I always found something to eat along with my 4 year old who is picky. I am not a fan of Dominican Food and I found plenty. Getting drinks sometimes is slow but we travel a lot and it is the same all over the Islands, tipping daily at your table makes a difference, after the 3rd day they would just bring us our cokes as we sat down. We tend to sit at the same table daily as we have a large group.

The drinks were always good, bartenders were quick, sometimes my champagne would be 3/4 full and they would be filling it all ready. We were at the bar in the Royal Swim Ups often at night and the servers and bartenders were great. Davie at the Punta Cana pool is awesome. He makes a Davie Special that is perfect. Rum Cream is a must. We do bring Bubba Kegs makes drinks much more refreshing in the heat.

Entertainment was great just like the other Palladium resorts but the shows started really late here so we only went to two of them. We were usually at the Royal Bars when the shows were going on. We went to the disco almost every night, it was good but I would prefer that they mix up the songs, when they would play seven spanish songs in a row the disco would tend to empty out, on nights when they mixed latin, hip hop etc the dance floor stayed full. The Palace and Punta Cana Lobbies have great music and dancing nightly. We went to Hemmingway's one night and it was a great time.

The Fiesta was amazing, the entertainment incredible. Octavio and staff really put a great night together. The dinner was true Dominican Flare which I tried but not something that I cared for. But my husband and friends said it was very good. It was a great evening with great friends. The whole resort spent a lot of time preparing for us. We appreciated it so very much.

We took a private trip with some of the staff and the Addicts to Saona Island. It was through Daniel with Hotel Beds. I highly recommend booking with him. This was a repeat trip for us but a first for most of our friends. Unfortunately I was ill that day but I still had a great time. The lunch on the island was fantastic. My daughter spent all day in the water. We love stopping in the princess pools to look for starfish.

We also did a banana boat ride with Dolin Dive off of the resort, on the beach on Bavaro side. The driver went slow for my daughter and we had a good time.

Unfortunately there was some kind of stomach bug travelling through lots of guests at the resort while we were there, most of us got it but it was quick. No fault of the resorts, they cannot control when travelers check in with it. It was a virus and most are highly contagious. We are experienced travelers so we had meds available and used them. It did not ruin our vacation just gave each of us a much needed one day break from drinking. Not much you can do but let it run it's course. It was nothing serious and nothing different then getting it at home. It is a risk you take when travelling with lots of other people in close quarters. Our maid was working hard at disinfecting our room twice a day for us and my daughter never got it. The hotel was always disinfecting public areas. Hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes are something I bring with me. Did it stop us from having a fantastic vacation No Way!!!

This is a great hotel, awesome location, excellent staff and perfect beach. Will we back? Of Course!!! Thank You Octavio and all of the staff for a great 8 days. And of course to the fellow Addicts who make it such a great vacation.

Room Tip: Closest to Beach
See more room tips