Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Loved our vacation at the RST

Trip Report Forum
razel1952
Forum Moderator

Loved our vacation at the RST

Post by razel1952 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:57 am

My sister and I recently vacationed at the Royal Suites Turquesa in Punta Cana from October 1

through October 11, 2013 and I would like to offer an honest review of our time spent at the

Palladium resort.

We flew incident free with Jet Blue airlines out of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. There was a brief layover

and change of planes in San Juan before we arrived at the Punta Cana airport.
Having been to the Palladium resorts in Punta Cana many times before, along with numerous stays

at their destinations in RM and Jamaica, I found our current arrival a welcoming experience. One

purpose of our stay was to attend the 3rd Annual Palladium Addict Fiesta, along with 98 other

members.

Our early check in was easy and since our room was not yet ready, we decided to have lunch at the

El Bohio by the beach. Taking in the view while eating was spectacular. The turquoise water,

along with the soft rolling waves were postcard perfect and I was ecstatic to realize we would be

spending the next 10 days here. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and headed back to check into

our deluxe swim-up suite, room 5507.

Everything was more beautiful than I had remembered from our last stay. We received a warm

welcome from an old friend, our butler, Melky. She is wonderful and I was so grateful to see her

again. Our room was perfect and immaculately clean. We found delightful towel art, accented

with orange flowers throughout the bath and bedroom, along with all types of ammenities we may

have needed over the duration of our visit. The room was refreshingly cool and remained that way

day and night for our entire stay. It didn't take long for us to unpack and we soon found ourselves

relaxing in the swim-up pools directly off our deck in the company of many other Palladium Addict

members who were also attending the Fiesta.

The foilage in the new section of the RST had grown considerably since my last visit. It felt as if

we were in the garden of Eden. The gardeners who tend to the landscaping do a fantastic job and

should be acknowledged for all their hard work.

Over the course of the next few days, along with perfect weather, we enjoyed breakfast at the Royal

restaurant and buffet. We then headed to the beach and were always able to garner loungers or Bali

beds in great locations. Lunches were at El Bohio with a fine selection that changed daily. Later in

the day, we'd stop at the main pool for a drink and meet up with friends before heading back to our

swim up pools where there were always a large number of Palladium Addicts swimming and

conversing. They are the friendliest people in the world and it was a joy to be in their company.

Any of you reading this report, to you I say, I miss you already and thank you for the memories.

On October 3rd, we went to the Fiesta and had an incredible time. The live entertainment and food

were fabulous. The Palladium surely knows how to coordinate fantastic celebrations. I know there

are many videos and photos on Facebook and the PA site for those interested in what this evening

entailed. You had to be there to experience how wonderful it was. My sincere thanks to all who

made this evening possible, especially Raimundo and Octavio.

Throughout our stay, I found it very difficult to stay out of the water on the beach. The water

conditions were absolutely unbelievable. The soft rolling waves were perfect to swim and float.

Walks on the beach were carefree and lovely. A couple of times, we walked over to the Bavaro

section to eat lunch at the El Arrecife. Food selection was excellent. We decided, since we were at

this section of the complex, to take a dip in their pool that was updated a short time ago. To our

surprise, the Animation team was offering Pool Biking when we arrived. We participated and had

such a good time. There are actual stationary bikes that are placed in the pool and you pedal them

to music between exercising your arms. After the session, we watched Patricia demonstrate how to

do towel art. She does fantastic work.

We took a train ride to explore the progress on the newly constructed swim-up suites they are

building between the Bavaro and Punta Cana section. For all future guests to this resort, I can tell

you, these suites will be incredible and highly sought after. I know the property is in construction

mode at the moment, but in a few short weeks, the results will be fantastic. The Bavaro section will

be the place to book in the near future. All the suites near the water have been updated and are

now all Jr. and Romance suites. They are beautiful, with a new contemporary decor. Heading

back to the Royal section, we passed the new Kids Club. It is unbelievable. No wonder children do

not want to leave the area. They even play dress up with the kids and the pool is fantastic.

Every evening we tried to dine somewhere different, although we found ourselves at Le

Chanterelle more than once to enjoy their delicious cheese fondue. Let me mention, one night I

had the duck and I loved it. The chicken is also very good and tasty. One evening we had an

excellent meal at the Sumptuori Japanese show table. It was quite entertaining as well. All in all,

we were extremely pleased with all our meals and would have been totally happy just eating at the

Royal Gourmet and LeChanterelle restaurants.

We attended a couple of shows, but most evenings after dinner, we either hung out at the Palace

lobby, listening to their live entertainment and the swim-up bar area, where many of the Palladium

Addicts gathered. The time we spent with all these remarkable people from all over the world will

always remain as a fond memory in my heart. I only hope our paths cross again at the Palladium.

To those of you who are planning a trip to Punta Cana and contemplating a stay at the Palladium

resorts, I say to you...You will have the time of your life at one of the most beautiful tropical

destinations in Punta Cana that has an incredible beach. I can honestly say, my sister and I had a

wonderful, relaxing and fun vacation with zero issues. We loved our swim-up. The facilities and

accommodations were immaculately clean, there were so many places to dine with great selections

for everyone and the premium drinks flow freely. The staff was attentive, professional and friendly

throughout the entire complex. If you are looking for a romantic, quiet resort, the RST will not

disappoint. If you are looking for an exciting fun vacation, any of the sister resorts at the Palladium

offer a large selection of activities with a fantastic Animation team direction. The Palladium is a

perfect fit for a family vacation also with its new Kids Club.

A last message of thanks to Brenda for bringing the Addicts to Punta Cana for the Fiesta. It was so much fun meeting everyone and spending time together. To the entire staff at the Palladium resort, I love each and everyone of you! A special thanks to Octavio for providing us with everything

needed for two sisters to have the most enjoyable vacation and a perfect place to spend special time

together. We have memories that will last forever and I look forward to the day when I can return.

Terry
Salt Water Tanks
Treasure Coast Corals, Inc.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Treasure- ... 0541496234