Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Bavaro Oct 19th - Nov 3rd

Trip Report Forum
Mumof4boys
Moderator/Palladium Expert

Bavaro Oct 19th - Nov 3rd

Post by Mumof4boys » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:24 pm

The following is my trip report that is now up on Tripadvisor

My husband and I spent 15 nights at the Grand Palladium Bavaro from Oct 19th to Nov 3rd. This was our 1st visit to this resort and Punta Cana but our 3rd Palladium Resort stay. The room we stayed in was the Deluxe Junior Suite. These rooms were built just last year and are fairly close to the beach. They are in building 17, 18, and 19. We were in building 18 facing the ocean which we could just slightly see from our patio. The room was very spacious and very comfortable. The bed was a little hard but after 1 night we were used to it. We had everything we could possibly need in the room. Maid service kept our room perfectly clean every day and we never had any issues. We did have a problem with our safe on the day we arrived but just a phone call to reception and they had someone in to fix it within 5 minutes. We were very impressed at how fast he arrived.
The grounds are so beautiful. I can see they take great pride in keeping this resort this way. We enjoyed looking at all the different trees and gardens. It was like paradise. They have covered walkways throughout the whole resort so there is never a worry about sweltering in the sun or getting wet if it were to rain. BTW, it never rained the whole time we were at the resort and the only rain we saw was the day we left when we were at the airport. It takes a couple of days to find your way around especially if you are visiting the 3 other sections of this large complex (Punta Cana, Palace & Royal Suites), but you do get the hang of it eventually. My advice would be to take a ride in the train your 1st day so you can see where everything is.
We found the food to be good. 2 of the restaurants were closed for renovations while we were there but having traveled at this time of year before we know we can expect that and we don't let that bother us, besides there is plenty of other places to get great food 24 hours day.
We tried all of the A La Carte’s and our favourite was Sumptuori the Japanese Restaurant in the Palace section. We were able to get the Tepanyaki table which was a lot of fun and the food that was prepared was very yummy. We also enjoyed the new Spanish Tapa’s Restaurant and loved the Brazilian “Rodizio” Restaurant. The breakfast at the buffets had plenty of food to choose from. Our favourite buffet was LasTorres also down in the Palace section. As well as eating breakfast there a few time we also had a couple of evening dinners. The waiters in the evening down at far left end of the building were very entertaining. We also ate breakfast at the Bavaro Buffet as it was closer to our room but found the service better at LasTorres. Lunches were always spent down by the beach at Arrecife buffet in the Bavaro section. As always, way more food choices than we needed but always good. Only problem we had at this buffet was the ice cream machine seemed to have a hard time keeping up with the amount of people wanting it. My husband loves his ice cream and had to go without some days but no problem, lots of dessert to indulge in. At all the buffets we did find it quite funny as to what the difference is between chicken, turkey and duck. What would be labeled as turkey would taste like chicken and vice versa. We made light of it and didn't really care as long as it tasted good. It became a joke to us as to what were we getting today. In all of the restaurants we always found the wait staff to be very pleasant and willing to help. We both only speak English with just a few words of Spanish so we did have a couple of glitches with orders but they would always quickly fix any problem with a heartfelt apology and a big smile.
The bars that we visited were all great. In the lobbies or at the pool they were very quick to serve us. Always plenty of rum for my husband and lots of Coco Loco’s for me. Of course Hemingway’s is our favourite place for a late night drink. Everyone should visit this bar in the Bavaro section at least once.
The beach is absolutely beautiful. The sand is so soft and white. While we were there we had days of calm water and others where we had some good waves. There are quite a few Palapa’s to sit under but we did find it hard to get one if we arrived late in the morning. There was however many shady spots to pull your lounger over to if you wished not to bake in the sun. We walked the beach from one end of the resort to the other and we felt that the Bavaro end was the nicest part. The only downside of the beach is the people trying to sell you stuff, but I understand this is not a private beach so we just smiled and said no Gracia.
We mostly went to the pool in the Bavaro section as it was straight up from the beach and Arrecife Buffet. A very nice pool with plenty of loungers and a great swim up bar. In the afternoon the POP (People of Palladium) team would arrive around 3pm to encourage you to join in their fun. The POP team was also at the beach in the morning for other activities. We love the POP team. They are all such great ambassadors for Grand Palladium.
At the pool in the Palace section they have a really great area for kids. There is a big castle for them to play in with the children’s club and the pool area had a big pirate ship splash area. Would love to bring my Grandkids someday. They would have a fabulous time.
Entertainment at night was also good. We enjoyed the evening the magician was in but the highlight was the Michael Jackson show. No one should miss this show. This guy was really good.
The resort is about 30 minutes from the Punta Cana Airport but we did have private transportation as we are PalladiumTravel Club members.
We had a wonderful vacation at The Grand Palladium Bavaro as well as the rest of the resort. I would highly recommend a stay here and we do plan to visit again soon. If I had one complaint it would be that we had to leave and come home to cold weather.
Palladium Lady Hamilton Oct 2012
Palladium Kantenah Oct 2013
Palladium Bavaro Oct 2014
Palladium Kantenah Oct/Nov 2015
Palladium Lady Hamilton April 2016
Palladium Bavaro Oct/Nov 2016
Palladium Kantenah May 2017
Palladium Lady Hamilton Oct 2017
Palladium Colonial Oct/Nov 2018