Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Salvador Brazil   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Just returned from relaxation and great time

Trip Report Forum
adacs

Just returned from relaxation and great time

Post by adacs » Sat May 30, 2015 11:27 pm

My wife and I were looking for a new Caribbean island to visit and thought we would try an all inclusive at Punta Cana DR. We came across the Royal Suites and found the pictures and reviews hard to believe at first. We did further research and made our reservations and low and behold we were not disappointed! The resort was just as the pictures indicated and what we needed for a great relaxing vacation.

We reserved a Jr. Deluxe Swim up suite from the travel site and that is what we received upon check in.
The check in was quick and easy. We met our Butler Angle and he lived up to the reviews given.. he was GREAT!

Angle took us to our room, made us very comfortable, explained everything we needed and did not disturb us any further. He left us to relax.
We had Angle make all the reservations for dinners, they worked out. We ordered breakfast and snack room service. The food was great and fresh each time.

Word of advice for those looking for gourmet food service, while the meals were great and the food was good, if you are looking for a vegetarian diet, 5 star meals and they way you make it back home, you wont find it here. You must keep in mind, other countries may prepare food differently and have access to different food types than we do back home. You can always find something here you will enjoy. The sports bar has burgers and fries (for those fans), the French restaurant is "French".

Our swim up suite was top notch with all the supplies we needed and if it wasn't there, Angle (or the butler staff) took care of it.
The cleaning service (Jocelynn) was great. She was nice and took care of the room timely and efficiently.

While I admit, we did tip the staff (shuttle, waitresses, butler, maid service ect.) it is nothing we don't do when we travel stateside for our business trips. I am sure it may have helped get more attentive support, but the staff was attentive before we tipped which made it all the more easy to tip.

There is a language barrier and at times made something difficult, but we kept in mind we are visiting another country and we should honor that and do our best. We had made it fun by trying to find ways to describe our requests.

We met a lot of lovely and not so friendly people staying at the resort but that is to be expected.

All in all... we will be coming back. Just as the many other guests we met do.

Thanks for the much needed relaxation!

Shout out to Bob and Dorothy… thanks for helping us “learn and understand” the place. You are a great couple and hope to see you again there! (Ray and Marlene 5305)