Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Just returned from Royal Suites Turquesa

Trip Report Forum
razel1952

Just returned from Royal Suites Turquesa

Post by razel1952 »

Just Returned from Royal Suites Turquesa
Postby mxmom649 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:25 pm

I spent a delightful week at RST. Just a few comments to help out fellow travelers. I was in building 55 and though I heard of a few issues with air conditioning and water, I had no problems or issues whatsoever.

Kirina (butler, or is that butleress?) was absolutely fantastic. The ice machine in the building did not work the entire week, but she was always more than willing to get ice any time i needed it. She took care of my reservations and sorted out a problem with my seating at Sumptori.
She is extremely friendly and helpful.

I had no problem with dining reservations, but I highly recommend sticking with the two RST restaurants - you can get everything you want, breakfast, lunch and dinner, at the Royal Gourmet and La Chanterelle. I really enjoyed the private patio dining.

My room maid was Santa and she was outstanding. My room was made with professionalism and care daily, with an evening walk-through and clean up if necessary. She always added some very nice decorating touches, with flower petals, bed and drape art.

The grounds are vast and you will never lack for some activity if that is what you are looking for. There is plenty to do and plenty of places to be involved all throughout the Palladium complex. The Monday night beach party was a real hoot! Lot's of fun. I like my solitude, so I forwent the pool foam party, but heard it was a lot of fun. Do be careful with the Mommajuana! It can certainly sneak up on you!!! :51:

I do have one MAJOR complaint. I was 100% disappointed in the Rodizio restaurant. The brazilian restaurant I thought would be a meal highlight - FAR from it! It is horrible. The meats are not edible. Other than the chicken I took ONE bite of each of the meats, left and went to my room and ordered room service for dinner. The meats are overcooked, tough and dry. The lamb tastes extremely wild. It was just awful. They should close this restaurant.

The beach is specatacular. I never had trouble getting a chair wherever I wanted and it was relaxing and most enjoyable. The water is brethtakingly beautiful. I went for the beach, so didn't do any pool time, but the pools were all clean and well kept. Note: there is a little beach bar at the Palace beach which is closer to the RST beach than going up to the pool bar. Also, next to this beach bar is daily lunch offering, cooked there at the beach, which is excellent. Another mid-day option for food is the lobby of RST. Terrific appetizers, sliders, etc. Great option for lunch. I took my Yeti cup and you can have your drink made in it at any bar. They are more than happy to fill it with your favorite beverage. I loved the Especial Fiesta - a frozen strawberry liquer, vodka, rum concoction that was fabulous!

I highly recommend RST for your stay at Palladium. I'm a single, female traveler - felt safe and very relaxed the entire trip. Enjoy your stay!