Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Best trip Ever RST

Trip Report Forum
Goofywife

Best trip Ever RST

Post by Goofywife »

We arrived on 7/27 at RST for our fourth visit. We were greeted by Tomas who recognized us immediately. He is truly an ambassador of the resort! He loves his job, and it shows. He went out of his way to always wave, blow kisses, ask us if everything was to our satisfaction throughout our stay. What a nice man! We had requested a swim-up room in Bldg 55, and that's exactly what we got, but we then requested an upgrade to a cabana swim-up, and we got the perfect room (nominal extra charge)! Plus, we were very close to the pool bar where Delores is the bestest bartender (we see her every visit and are greeted with hugs and wonderful service). She, Wilson, Daysi and all the staff are excellent! Many reviews criticize food, but we have learned that Le Chanterelle and Royal Gourmet are superb. There's really no need to venture past them, especially if you want quality, excellent service, and a kids-free environment. Our old friend Eupedio (sp?) and his co-worker Juan made our stay special. We met wonderful people from CA, MD, IN in the US, two wonderful couples from Germany, the list goes on and on. Housekeeping was perfect! Love the better air conditioning in the RST lobby, and the saxophonist is superb! (The lobby bar at night used to be dead....) So, these are the reasons we return to RST. We've also stayed at Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton in Jamaica, which was great. We are already trying to plan our next trip....we love the Dominican Republic...that's why this was our 15th trip to DR!

One comment that I see over and over again is slippery floors. Well this year I experienced the slippery floors, however, I also created the issue. I left the sliding glass door open to get some fresh air well between the humidity and the room being cold from the AC the floors did get slippery however a few minutes after shutting the door they dried quickly.

It had been 2 years since our last visit and it was nice to see that there are no more plastic disposable cups. Now re-usable plastic gasses/cups, and they have installed strategically located receptacles to place them throughout resort when you finish your drink.