Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Salvador Brazil   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Trip review PC

Trip Report Forum
gardenchick
Top Twenty Poster

Trip review PC

Post by gardenchick » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:20 pm

We had a wonderful week at the GPPC, This was our first time to Punta Cana but our 4th to a Grand Palladium. The rest at the GPRM,

Room: We were in room 4125. It is in building 4000 and is a deluxe king room. I had sent in my request for King room, building 4000, partial ocean view and 3rd floor. This room fit every thing but 3rd floor as it is at the end by the beach and the building is only 2 stories there. We were on second floor and without a room above us the room was able to have a very high ceiling....so it was perfect! Loved our view of the gazebo with the ocean in the background. The PC section has not been renovated,but everything was in working order and decent shape. Most important to us...the maid was wonderful. She was friendly and did a good job on daily cleaning and towel supply. She made a simple towel art each day with our bath mat and left fresh flowers on the sink and tub. The mini fridge was restocked daily.....I think the only thing that we usually needed was more water. We even were left a bag of peanuts a few times.

Beach: Lots of palm trees and plants which makes for nice little alcoves. There are also a good number of palapalas (not sure if that is the correct spelling). The water is very clear although a little more waves than we have experienced in Mexico. A good beach for walking and swimming, but no snorkeling. We walked the beach up past a few other resorts and it made us really appreciate the GP beach. Many of the others had few palms and no palapals. Not sure if there was a place to get early morning coffee on the beach, but I just ran across from our building to the lobby bar where coffee and danish were set out. I loved to get to the beach early and watch the sunrise.

Restaurants: We only ate at 3 a la cartes. Our favorite was the Japanese. We used the Palladium app to make reservations for a show table. Entertaining and the food was excellent! Our next favorite was the Steak House. We both had the ribeye steak and both were tender and very flavorable. We ordered med-rare and they were cooked to perfection. Our least favorite (but still ok) was the italian. We both found our entrees a bit bland for our liking.

Buffets: We always ate breakfast and our buffet dinners in the PC buffet. Sorry, I am not good at names. Breakfast was our favorite meal at the buffets. Lunch and dinner had lots of choices, we found what dishes we liked and rotated between them. Believe me...we ate more than we should have. I would think even the pickiest of eaters would be able to find some dishes to their liking. We ate lunch at the Palace outdoor buffet and one day grabbed a burger from the snack bar.

The grounds are very well kept and I like that a decent number of buildings have rooms with ocean views. My husband liked that the PC and Palace sections were more compact than RM. I personally like the grounds of RM a little better. I am sure that we will return to both resorts....We want to try Jamaica GP,too.

Carol