Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

FABULOUS VACATION!!!

Trip Report Forum
HATFIELDCREW

FABULOUS VACATION!!!

Post by HATFIELDCREW » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:07 pm

This is going to be long but lots to say and talk about!!! :60:

First off, I would like to say what a beautiful resort this is, my husband would not stop talking about it and for him that is really something! It is very large but lots of great things to enjoy! We went with another family and in total had 9 people, four adults and five adult children. Everyone had an amazing time!!! The beaches were just breathtaking. We have stayed at the GP in Mexico several times and enjoyed it but definitely these beaches were more beautiful!!! When we arrived and were taken to our rooms we could not have been happier, beautiful beach view and large rooms were just wonderful. Great location on the beach and close to the pool at the Palace. I do have to make a special note that the adult pool was also amazing as well. A nice place to get away for just adults if you like; the men really loved it!!! The spa and massages were also great and the food/smoothies in the spa area were delicious as well. The spa area itself is just beautiful if you haven't been there just take a tour and you will see.

As far as the food, the a la carte restaurants were very good, our favorites were the Japanese and the Brazilian!!! The Brazilian food was amazing especially the filet and the Japanese was just incredible and the show they put on was wonderful! It was one of our birthdays and they sang and did a little something special that was even better. The steakhouse was good and so was the Mexican so I would also recommend them. If you can only get to a couple I would do Japanese and Brazilian first though. We also went to the beach BBQ night (you need reservations) we enjoyed that very much as well. They had grilled fresh food, entertainment and a raffle, very fun and a little change of pace as well. We never ate at the buffet for dinner so I can not comment on that but for breakfast and lunch the buffet is fine. I wish the Bohio restaurant would have been open by the Palace pool for lunch but it was closed for renovations. It would have just been more convenient for lunch.

I would also like to comment on what a great job the GP did on their 4th of July celebration. As an American I could not have been more pleased. We have been away to other resorts over the 4th and have never experienced the day we had this year at the GP. They started out with a celebration on the beach with a parade later in the day and then a FANTASTIC party at night with drinks, special USA places set up for pictures, giveaways, entertainment and fireworks!!! It truly was a USA celebration we wont' forget!!!

We would also like to mention a little private love party they had in the lobby for our group the one day as well. It was an Anniversary celebration along with a birthday and they went above and beyond with decorations, candles set up like a heart, a cake, champagne, music, etc. It was such a surprise and something we never expected and something we will never forget as well!!!! We can not thank Octavio and Johanna enough. (I hope I am spelling his name right, sorry!)

I want to make a special shout out to several people that made our stay even better along the way that work at the GP. First off I would like to thank Scarling for helping me on line before we even got there with questions and being so helpful with everything. I'm sure our stay would not have been this great if I hadn't been in touch with her first. I got to meet her as well and what a lovely person she is!!! Johanna in Public Relations was a godsend and could not have been more pleasant or easier to work with! She was always willing to help with whatever we needed :) She even helped with the men getting to golf at a beautiful place right on the water, I can not say enough about her as well, truly a pleasure to meet and work with. Our bellboy Delvan, where do I start!!! I can't even say enough about him either and what a sweetheart he was to our whole family, truly a remarkable man. Rafi was also a big help when we needed him on the 4th!!! Carlos at the Adult Pool was always there with great cocktails quickly and friendly. Susanah in Hemingways made the best Mudslides and Espresso Martinis and the B152 shots were amazing. As far as the entertainment Felix and Banana deserve a shout out as well for all their hard work especially with the 4th of July celebrations. I hope I didn't miss anybody! Thanks again to all of you for making our stay extra special. Hope to see you again on our next visit.

Overall we had a fabulous vacation and it was enjoyed by all from the rooms, to the food and then the entertainment. I can’t imagine anything that would have been better!!! We will definitely be back!!!
:1: :60: :9:

PS - I will post pictures a little later. I didn't want to hold up the trip report!!! I miss it already!