Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Friendly Staff at TRS

Trip Report Forum
maplesugar

Friendly Staff at TRS

Post by maplesugar »

This was our 12 visit to the Grand Palladium. The TRS is by far our favorite. What really stands out is the friendliness of the staff. We stayed for two weeks and never came across anyone that did not smile upon contact with us. Special mention to the butlers that we have made friends with: Yacque Jean, Caesarea, Jose (Building #55) and our longtime friends Providencia, Gerson and our all-time favorite Melky. We find the butlers so friendly and willing to help with anything. They go the extra mile to make sure your stay is as good as it can be. In the Lobby we were so happy to see our friend Thomas. He is such an asset to the TRS!

The beach restaurant, Helios, is the most beautiful spot for an evening dinner when sitting outside. The early evening view is breath taking. The staff here again is so friendly and fun. Service is top notch. Our favorite entrée was the lamb tenderloin. Our favorite dining experience was on Friday evening while watching the TRS Beach Party! It was amazing.
The beach experience was great. Never once had a problem is getting a shade spot. The length of beach for the whole complex was kept clean of seaweed. We did not find the beach vendors aggressive. A polite no gracias was all that was necessary and we sometimes talked with them about other things. They are friendly. The only negative is, management please replace the old metal loungers on the TRS beach with something more comfortable!

The pool entertainment varied from day to day. We did not spend a lot of time there but it was always a positive experience when we did. We engaged in the foam party at the Secret pool and it was fun.

Kusko has the best teriyaki salmon for an entrée and again, great service. We enjoyed Paisana Argentinian for ambiance and service. The steak was very good but I made a mistake the first time and ordered chicken. I learned to order steak not chicken the second time we went back! The Japanese cook show has changed a bit and I did not enjoy it as much. It is still a good meal and good entertainment though. The steak house was very good. A band went from table to table. We requested a Johnny Cash song and they played and sang “Ring of Fire”. We returned this year to the Spanish a la carte for tapas. The menu has changed since we were last there and we liked it better. Our favorite lunch place is the Palace Beach buffet called Bohio. Sweet wait staff named Dannys! I was disappointed in the Capricho for lunch. The menu has changed and now is the same as Helios. Capricho, though, is my favorite spot for breakfast. There is a great selection of fruits and I love the cooked oats! A better selection than Helios but you don’t get the breath taking view! Great hostess at all restaurants! A special mention to Dileido at Capricho and July at Bohio.

The Palladium is a beautiful complex of four sections. The grounds are meticulously groomed. The friendliest staff is there. They are so pleasant. Sometimes my food choices were not the best prepared but I found that it was not a common theme. The same menu provided awesome entrees as well as some not so awesome. I will definitely return to this lovely resort.

Life is Good!