Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Salvador Brazil   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Trip Report May 1-8,2018

Trip Report Forum
MindyH8

Trip Report May 1-8,2018

Post by MindyH8 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:26 pm

Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton May 1-8, 2018

What can I say? This was our 5th trip to the Grand Palladium in Jamaica and it was wonderful as always. We arrived on Tuesday May 1st. We had booked Club Mobay at the airport as usual. We probably could have done without it as there was no wait at Customs, but we like being greeted and feeling pampered. We especially like having the lounge to relax in on our way home. We have used Club Mobay on each of our 5 trips.

We were greeted at the resort by Michael in reservations. We had asked for a one bedroom suite on the third floor and to be put in the same building as my husband’s sister and brother-in-law. Unfortunately, they only had a one bedroom on the first floor. Michael worked hard to get us a suite on the third floor and we accepted one in another building. They staff goes out of their way to accommodate their guests. Two days later they had an opening on the third floor in building 28 and they moved us and my husband’s sister so we could be together with ocean views in both rooms.

We were celebrating my sister-in-law’s birthday. Kerrisa and Kenesha (Manager) in Guest Relations managed to have balloons at our table at Bubba’s Steak House and the waitress brought her desert with a candle. Back in her room the next day, my sister-in-law found balloons and signs wishing her a Happy Birthday. Michaelena and Taneka (waitresses at the Infinity Bar) also celebrated my sister-in-law’s birthday with a cupcake and a Bob Marley Shot that was lit to blow out. What fun!

The weather was perfect every day but one when it rained due to a tropical depression.
We spent most of our time at the Adult Coral Pool as my husband loves to snorkel off of Coral Beach. Afternoons we went to the big pool. Andrene is the best bar tender at the Kola Shady Bar. Her dirty bananas were the best. Freonia works the Coral Adult Pool bar and always knew what we wanted to drink. Our first day there she came to work singing with a beautiful voice. The staff seems to love their jobs and the people they meet. Our waiter at the Arte and Cuccina Italian ala carte memorized our names and remembered them the next night when we saw him at the steak house. We ate again at the Italian and Michael was working in the kitchen that night, but came out twice to talk to us.

There were excellent bands every night at the Infinity Bar and Ms. Lou’s offers specialty coffees with desserts. Don’t miss the chocolate buffet one night a week. My husband and I had excellent 50 minute Couples Relax massages at the Spa.

Shirlene was our housekeeper for the second year in a row and remembered us. She did an excellent job and met all of our requests. It is such a joy to go back so many times and recognize staff and have them recognize us. Their attitude is one of the many reasons we return and can’t conceive of going anywhere else.

We will return again and we are already looking forward to our next trip.