Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Great time - can't wait until we can go back!

Trip Report Forum
SKAV82794

Great time - can't wait until we can go back!

Post by SKAV82794 »

We stayed at the GPJ from July 31st - August 5th. I had spend quite a bit of time out here, so I pretty much knew what to expect and was not disappointed!! :)

I had sent in my room request as suggested, but never received a response. However, when we arrived, we were given all of our first choices. We were in 1123, the closest villa to the big pool. Perfect location!! The room was clean and always cool!! The pillows weren't the type that we prefer, but you can always pay and order off the pillow menu. The hairdryer was not working, but it was promptly replaced.

We spent 99.9% of our time at the swim-up bar! Ricardo and Troy are some of the nicest guys you will ever meet, plus never let our bubba kegs get below 1/2 full!

The first night we ate at the Italian restuarant...it was pretty good. We then ate a the Mexican and Steakhouse, both twice. Mexican was by far my favorite of those 3. Shimp fajitas = delicious!!!

We hit the breakfast buffet every morning. Lots of choices, especially if you are an adventurous eater! My favorite was the Mimosas!! LOL

For lunch we hit the Jerk Chicken shack (my husband's favorite) one day and then the buffet 2 days. The lunch buffet was probably the most disappointing.

There really isn't much variety for night life. We spent some time in the premium bar, but honestly, after opening the swim-up bar at 10am, drinking and being in the sun ALL day, we were pretty whipped after dinner.

The grounds were beautiful! There were a few maintenance issues that probably should have been taken care of (like the piece of tile missing on the front of the swim-up bar) but overall it was great!

We for sure recommend the GP! We will be making a return trip, hopefully sooner than later!!!