Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

First time to Jamaica Oct 13-20th!!

Trip Report Forum
beachlover85
Top Ten Poster

First time to Jamaica Oct 13-20th!!

Post by beachlover85 »

We were at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton resort from October 13-20th. This was our first trip to Jamaica but not our first to a Palladium property. We are actually Palladium Travel Club members and have stayed in Riviera Maya Mexico and Punta Cana.

FLIGHT: We originally had a direct flight from Chicago but American changed that with a layover in Miami. I have to say though American was great… All flights both ways were on time and all luggage made it to and from… We arrived and were out of the airport within 15-20 minutes… Nothing like crazy Cancun airport..
We had a nice drive to the resort about a 40 minute drive. Our driver was very informative; we really enjoyed talking with him, but WOW they drive crazy in Jamaica…. HOLY CRAP!! LOL…….
Once we arrived at the resort we were checked in right away. As club members we have a private check in and our room was ready. We were in Villa 26. We had a view of the water/and infinity pool. We quickly changed and went our exploring the resort. The resort has some beautiful views. I love the fact we can see the ocean almost everywhere.
We soon met up with all our friends/Palladium Addicts and began a week of FUN in the sun!!!
ROOM: It was cleaned daily and our maid was very nice. We did not have any towel art the first few days we saw our maid and asked because our daughter really wanted it. We tipped her nicely for that. We were stocked daily with water/soda/beer. The jets in our tub did not work that was a bummer…. We always had plenty of towels and the air worked fine. The night maid would turn off our air and I was starting to get a bit ticked at that coming in and it was HOT.
GROUNDS: The resort is very pretty I did not find it to be as manicured as RM or PC but still very nice.
BEACHES: No the beaches are not long and white sandy but still very nice. I enjoyed checking out the different beaches; each had its own qualities.
POOLS: We really enjoyed the infinity pool; we spend lots of time at the adult pool. The only negative thing we did not like was seeing lots of mold on the ledges and tiles in the adult pool. I know because of the climate but that was our biggest issue all week. It did not keep us from swimming.
FOOD: The food was great!!! I loved the jerk chicken. We did have a few people getting sick in our group. The service at the restaurants was very slow at times…but hey we were on vacation…
DRINKS: Great every time… never had a weak drink…
SPA: My daughter and I did mother/daughter day and had massages…. It was heavenly!!
STAFF: Very nice people…I really enjoyed just talking with some of them. We found the people on and off the resort very nice; just show them some respect and get to try and know them.
TOURS: We did a day trip to YS FALLS/Pelican bar. We really enjoyed both of them very much! The drive was a bit long and crazy but worth it in the long run. We also did a ½ day trip to Negril for some shopping and sunset at Rick’s café. We had fun shopping….. Yes they were a bit pushy but we found that if you at least looked and then said NO THANK YOU they were fine. We really enjoyed our time at Rick’s. If we ever go back to Jamaica I will for sure go back to Rick’s!!
TIPS: Get your liquor at the airport it is actually much cheaper there. The Wi-Fi in the lobbies is very spotty. Since we are travel club members they have an area just for us and we had great Wi-Fi.
We never felt unsafe anywhere on the resort or off. Just use common sense… We never felt the need to tip but did so a lot. They are very hard workers and did appreciate the tips!!

We had a great time visiting with all our old and new friends! We hope to see many of you in April in Mexico!!!!

We really enjoyed our week in Jamaica and I am sure at some point we will return but having been to 3 Palladium properties my heart still belongs to Riviera Maya Mexico!! But hey if there is a party with Palladium addicts…Trust me you want to be there no matter where it is!!!!!! LOL…….. The resort did a wonderful job on the JA-MON Party!!! What a great night it was.. PALLADIUM PROPERTIES ARE THE BEST!!!!!