Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

We loved this resort

Trip Report Forum
razel1952

We loved this resort

Post by razel1952 »

Our October vacation was originally slated for the Grand Pallladium Bavaro in Punta Cana to celebrate our 40th wedding
anniversary. Punta Cana has always been our favorite Palladium destination and we were looking forward to going back to our
home away from home. When the Sunfest, Ja Mon party in Jamaica was announced, we decided to give the Lady Hamilton a try
and proceeded to plan our stay in Jamaica. After researching all the Jamaican information forum threads, here on the site,
we were anxious and ready for our trip.
Our flights were uneventful and on time. We used Reggae Tours for our 45 minute transfers to and from the resort and I highly recommend their services.
Reggae Tours will go out of their way to assist any of your needs. Gregg, the owner of Reggae Tours runs a professional,
yet friendly company. Kudos to Gregg and his entire staff.
Upon arrival, I was thoroughly impressed with the grand plantation like setting of this massive complex. Our check-in was quick and easy. We were greeted warmly by their staff and proceeded to the
Negril lunch buffet until our room was ready to occupy. Food selections were inviting to anyone's palette. We thoroughly
enjoyed our meal.
Our room was a one bedroom suite in building 28. Views from our two balconies were simply incredible. One's eyes would never tire
from this spectacular view. Everything was immaculately clean, and it offered a comfortable style to relax. Sleep came easy.
Our first full day at the resort was spent swimming and relaxing at the Sunset Cove. We took out a paddle boat and enjoyed the unspoiled beauty this area offered. Lunch was Jerk Chicken at the Poseidon restaurant. It had a bit of a kick to it and was very tasty.
The next day, we attended the Palladium Addicts Sunfest dinner party, hosted in our honor by the resort. Two words, SIMPLY FANTASTIC. We began the evening with cocktails, appetizers and a steel drum band. Jamaican dancers entertained us with their incredible movement. There were local crafters displaying their wares and bartered for the best deals. We all received a Reggae Hat with customary dreadlocks and a memorable T-shirt. Dinner was served at the Poseidon and we enjoyed perfect Jamaican cuisine. Duck, goat stew, roasted lamb with mashed potatoes, mixed veggies and a delicious chocolate mousse for dessert. The meal was excellent. After dinner, we headed back to the Spa area for additional entertainment that had us laughing and left us in awe of their talents. What a special night! Everyone there had a great time.
The rest of the week, we spent our days at the Infinity pool, hanging out with friendly Palladium Addicts. One day, I did some snorkeling directly off the Las Brisas beach. I saw a few fish and many black sea urchins.
Our evening meals varied between the buffets, a la carts and a romantic dinner on the beach. No complaints in reference to any of our dining experiences. After dinner we would meet up with Addicts by the Infinity Bar, enjoying the various live bands.
I must state the fact that our romantic dinner was excellent. We were seated on the edge of the Gully Beach, where the waves crashed on the rocks surrounding us. Tiki torches were glowing and luminary candles were flickering in the sand around and on our table. Flower petals were present and finished off the romantic atmosphere with their soft fragrances. The dinner itself possessed a seafood theme, beginning with a chilled bottle of Winet Riesling wine and sweet chopped cantaloupe wrapped in thin seasoned layers of white marlin, followed by a delicious, creamy New England style clam chowder. Our main course consisted of 3 large lobster tails that were seasoned and broiled to perfection, along with tender scallops and melted garlic butter. Our side dishes were a generous helping of garlic mashed potatoes and a mixture of yellow and green squash with carrots. Dessert was an incredible fluffy mousse of chocolate peanut butter and thin layers of white chocolate with dark chocolate centers. Our compliments to the chef who prepared this delicious meal for us to enjoy. Our server could not have been more professional, and his friendly nature was very endearing to our anniversary celebration. It was truly a memorable evening for us. Those of you reading this report, seeking a romantic experience at the resort, should definitely reserve a romantic dinner of this sort during your stay. Trust me gentlemen, your companion will definitely show their appreciation.
Saturday, the Palladium Addicts went on a fun excursion to Rick's Cafe. Before we reached our destination, we made several stops to take in some sites. Our first stop was at the old historical Fort Charlotte. Next we went to the Boardwalk Village for shopping, swimming and lunch. Following the Boardwalk Village, we went to see an old lighthouse, Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville beach and did some shopping at a local market before embarking at Rick's Cafe. While at Rick's, we observed many Jamaican cliff divers and the most beautiful sunset my eyes have ever seen. There were several individuals from our group that jumped from the basic platform,including myself, and others that jumped from a higher platform. It was a very enjoyable day.
All in all, the week went way too fast. We had, for the most part, perfect weather, despite an occasional afternoon shower now and then. Water temps were warm and inviting. Food, drinks and services were all superb. All staff members we encountered were very friendly and professional. My only regret was that I wish we had arranged for a longer stay.
Do not hesitate to try the Lady Hamilton. It truly is a beautiful resort.
I would like to express my personal thanks to the resort management for hosting the Palladium Addicts in the manner in which they did. I also want to thank them for everything they did for making my stay at the Lady Hamilton a memorable experience. I will always have fond memories of our 40th anniversary spent in Jamaica and hope to return someday.