Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Fantastic Trip Oct 19-26th

Trip Report Forum
Mumof4boys

Fantastic Trip Oct 19-26th

Post by Mumof4boys »

This was our 1st time to Jamaica and a Palladium Resort.
We were part of the Ja Mon party but didn't arrive until after the dinner.
We flew Air Canada and upon arrival in Jamaica we had a transfer to the hotel via a bus load of people. We did sit in the parking lot of the airport for over an hour waiting for all to arrive that needed to get on the bus. Now that we know better we will arrange a private transfer through Reggae Tours for our next visit. I think that would be well worth the money.

Upon arrival we were greeted at Reception with a rum punch and wonderful Jamaican hospitality. Check in took 15 minutes and that was only because there was a small glitch in our room that they wanted to fix so it would be perfect for us upon arrival. We requested the check in forms previous to our vacation (via e-mail) so that they were all filled out and we didn’t have to take time to do that when we got there.

Our room was in Block 26 and it was a 1 bedroom suite on the Lady Hamilton side. The room was beautiful. We were greeted with a letter from management welcoming us, a plate of chocolates and our bed was decorated with a heart shape towel display with flowers. We were celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary. The view from the room was heavenly. There are 2 balconies with the 1 bedroom suite. Our room had 1 balcony facing the infinity pool/sea and the other balcony facing directly onto the Caribbean Sea. What more could you ask. We found the room to be very comfortable except for a slight dampness which we find typical in the Caribbean climate. Next time we will bring some "No Damp" to help with that. The air conditioning system worked just fine. Matter of fact we had to turn it right down at night because it was too cold. We were told if you leave the closet door open that has the cold air return duct in it your air conditioner will work just fine. Bathroom was good with a lovely Jacuzzi tub and the bed was comfortable. The fridge never did get our drinks cold even when we left the cabinet door open to let the air circulate. Maid service and the fridge fill up were always done to perfection.

Our 1st full day was with the Ja Mon addicts group on our excursion to Negril. This tour was arranged by Reggae Tours. What a great bunch of guys running the trip. We were all exhausted by the time we got back to the resort and fun was had by all.

We were only able to enjoy the beaches at the resort twice as we were in Jamaica during Hurricane Sandy. The beaches are OK but not the white soft sandy beaches you would get at other resorts or Islands. We didn’t mind though as we like to snorkel more than sitting on the beach. Snorkelling was OK at the Sunset Cove beach. We had only done one side of the cove and had planned to check out the other but the water was just too rough to go back again.

The huge infinity pool is amazing. So large it takes a couple of drinks to get from one side to the other. Good thing there is a swim up bar. Lots of beach chairs and Palapa’s so no need to hurry down in the morning to save chairs. We didn’t try any of the other pools so can’t comment on them.

The grounds on the resort are kept very clean and the staffs are very pleasant. Yes there can be lots of walking but I don’t think it’s as bad as I have seen mentioned on other reports. I certainly had no problem and if anything it did me good with all the drinks and food that is eaten.
The entertainment group was really great. They have activities all day to join in with, many which we took part in but if you are not interested they do not hassle you. The shows that we attended at night we found very entertaining and we enjoyed them a lot. We have been to other resorts and I think this was the best we have seen.

We did not try all the restaurants as there was not enough days. We had breakfast at the Negril buffet most mornings and the food was just fine and tastefully presented. It was pretty much the same everyday but there is such a large variety that you didn’t need to eat the same thing twice. I loved the smoothie juice bar and the variety of breads was great. Our favorite a la carte restaurant was Bubba’s. The Fila Mignon was the best steak and the lamb was also excellent. We also enjoyed Reggaetoni the Italian restaurant, Poseidon-seafood and the Jerk Hut down by the Sunset Cove beach. Service was great at all the places we ate at and there was never any problems.
A great bar to visit is Miss Lou's. High end alcoholic drinks, espresso/cappuccino and lovely chocolate desserts. This was our favorite place to visit after dinner. The swim up bar at the Infinity pool (Blue Lagoon) was always fun. The bartenders had you laughing with all their antics. I fell in love with the Rum Cream. So Yummy!!!

As mentioned we were there during Hurricane Sandy. The night before she was to hit the island the management staff called a meeting before the evening entertainment show. All management staff was on the stage and introduced. The manager of the resort then informed us of what was happening and how they were going to make sure we were all safe. They then made themselves available throughout the whole time of the storm and we were constantly updated as to what was going on. We were very impressed on how it was handled. They took the situation very serious but didn’t go overboard like you see the media does at home.

Internet is a bit of a problem. The only free Wifi is in either of the 2 Lobby’s (Lady Hamilton or Jamaican side) and is not always the greatest.

We would certainly recommend staying at the Lady Hamilton. We had so much fun. The resort and its entire staff made us feel like family. Hopefully we will be able to visit again someday soon. We also want to try some of the other Palladium resorts now that we have experienced this one. We were Very impressed with their style.
:7: