Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Grand Palladium Jamaica April 2013

Trip Report Forum
NSPlover

Grand Palladium Jamaica April 2013

Post by NSPlover »

We totally enjoyed our stay at the Grand Palladium Jamaica in April 2013 Very beautiful and clean resort.
:62:

Before I left, I emailed the resort with my request (copied from this site!!) and received a response including a PDF file to print and fill in with the information that they require on check in. Having this available made check in a breeze - very quick.
:1:

Our room wasn't ready yet but we went off to find lunch and enjoy ourselves. After lunch found a spot at the pool to relax while we were waiting for our room to be ready. No problem, Irie!
:59:

Our room was 1525 - an awesome room with a fantastic ocean view, king bed and a lovely jacuzzi that didn't take hours to fill. A big bonus is that we could see the sun set over the ocean from the balcony - just gorgeous! The maid kept the room very well cleaned and we had no issues with towels, facecloths or anything else. She would always smile and wave if she saw us in the hallway or path.

This resort is one of the prettiest resorts that we have been at. There are many points around various walkways that offer gorgeous sweeping views of the beach, pool and/or the sea. The views from the Infinity bar are great as well, we went there one morning (it was closed) just to walk around, enjoy the views and take a few photos. The resort is a good size but not the largest we have been to by any means. Getting around wasn't a problem. We found the resort layout to be very well organized and we were quickly able to find everything without constantly referring to a map or getting lost. We had no problems walking anywhere we wanted to go.

We went snorkeling almost every day at either Sunset Cove or Coral beach (or sometimes both). Never had a problem finding someplace to put our stuff while there. The water is so calm and clear - no red flags here! This is a very easy place to snorkel and there is quite a lot to see, especially if you take a bit of banana to feed the fish. We saw a number of varieties of fish including trumpetfish, goatfish, yellowtail snapper, sergeant major, tangs, angelfish and a few more I couldn't identify. We also saw a squid, octopus and skates (at least I think they were skates and not rays). I would recommend anyone snorkeling or swimming in areas with coral (anywhere, not just this resort) to use a foot protection such as neoprene swim socks. Some coral can be very sharp and if you accidentally kick it or a sea urchin with your bare feet, you could get hurt.

We also took out a two person kayak at Sunset Cove, very nice to explore along the coastline. The water was so calm, it felt more like kayaking on a lake. We really enjoyed it. They also had paddleboats which we didn't try since we preferred the kayak.

Most days we would head back to one of the pools in the late afternoon to enjoy a swim and a drink before returning to the room to watch the sunset and then change for dinner. I really like the deepness of the two smaller pools and their quieter surroundings, they are a nice change in atmosphere from the big pool. The Roselle pool was close to our room, and one day we just relaxed and spent the day there reading. The tall bushes surrounding this pool makes it feel more private and secluded. Definitely very relaxing. We liked the fact that there was music at the various pool areas and thought the selection played was fine.

We liked the food at this resort a lot, the breakfast buffet made bacon just the way we like it and had a good selection of fresh fruit, pastries and hot dishes. For lunch we could do a buffet, order from a menu at the Sunset Cove restaurant or go to the Jerk Chicken hut. At dinner we ate at Bhogali, Xaimayca, Bubbas, EL Mariachi, and Lotus.

We tried the Jerk chicken at the hut as well as ordering jerk chicken from the Sunset Cove restaurant and Xaimayca. I like the jerk chicken best from the hut, but wasn't wild about paper plate/plastic fork. My husband wanted it hotter (spicier). Some of our other favourites were the Filet Mignon at Bubbas, the Chicken Taquitos at EL Mariachi, and the Ginger and Chocolate cake at Lotus. The Palladium Coffee at Miss Lou's was very good too. Yummy!

All of the staff here seemed to be very cheerful and friendly, even during peak times when they were very busy. A lot of them sing while they're working, which is great. Love it!

I would return to this resort in a minute! So when where there be a Royal? I'm in...
:9:
NS Plover: The NS stands for Nova Scotia. The Plover is either a bird that runs around beaches or a planet lover...

TRS Coral, Nov 2019
Palladium Kantenah, Mayan Suite Jan-2019
TRS Turquesa, Apr-2018
Palladium Kantenah, Mayan Suite Dec-2017
Bahia Akumal, Mar-2017
Palladium Kantenah, Mayan Suite Dec-2016
Bahia El Portillo, Apr-2015
Bahia Cayo Levantado, Apr-2014
Palladium Jamaica, Apr-2013
Royal Suites Yucatan, Mar-2012
Royal Suites Turquesa, Apr-2010