Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Love Love Love GPJ

Trip Report Forum
Lovetravelling

Love Love Love GPJ

Post by Lovetravelling »

I must start my review by saying that 1 week prior to departure I received a call from my TA telling me that the resort had overbooked and we were being moved to another resort. I was so disappointed since this would have been my 4th Grand Palladium trip – once to Mexico, once to Punta Cana and once to the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton. I attempted to call the GM at the resort and he didn’t answer. I then asked my TA to contact the resort and she emailed the Sunwing rep, who said “sorry” even after explaining that we were returning guests. Well……I wasn’t satisfied there so with the help of the Grand Palladium Addict site I found e-mail addresses for contacts at the GPJ and e-mailed them as I wanted to give the resort the option of reconsidering since if they moved me I would never return to a Grand Palladium resort again. I didn’t hear anything back though so wrote forums on both Tripadvisor and Grand Palladium Addict. Received a ton of support and finally Filipe from the Mexico resort replied (she was my angel). Once she got involved others at the resort, Oscar, Olga and Jose starting e-mailing me – Oscar even called me, which was very thoughtful. After many e-mails and a few phones calls on Tuesday (3 days before we were leaving) I finally got 5 e-mails and 1 phone call letting me know that we were confirmed for our trip to the Grand Palladium Jamaica – Woohoo!!! We were elated!
My first experience was with my fiancé in 2009 and we stayed on the Lady Hamilton side (which I prefer since it’s closer to everything – but the Jamaica side was much cheaper so we booked there; no big deal). We (4 girls) arrived at 10am and of course our room was not ready, which we expected so we got purple bracelets and went to get something to eat. Enjoyed lunch at the Sports Bar. Have to say it was really nice to know where I was going. Went back to reception at 3pm and of course our rooms were ready – was quite thrilled that they put us in building 12 which is also close to everything. We left our stuff in our rooms and began vacation. We honestly did not have one bad meal the entire time we were there, but we did have issues with getting into restaurants. The 1st three days we had purple bracelets and for some reason they either forgot to call our room # when our table was ready, they said they called our room # - but we were right there and know they didn’t and/or our beeper didn’t work. On the 3rd evening Joy at Ms. Lou’s and I were talking and I mentioned that I had been there in 2009 and she told me to go right to reception and get a red bracelet as we were returning guests. I also checked my e-mails and received an e-mail from Filipe asking if everything was okay and if they had done anything special. I replied that everything was ok but nothing special was done. Within a short time we had beach towels in our room, a bottle of rum and a fruit tray. Not sure if it was Filipe’s doing or because we now had red bracelets. Once we had the proper bracelets it didn’t seem as difficult to get into the A La Carte restaurants but obviously there’s an issue with the number of restaurants (or at least the popular ones) versus the number of guests. I certainly have no problem waiting 1 hour to have a meal, but we waited almost 2 hours the first three days when they thought we were 1st time guests, and I'm sure this would discourage guests to return. All in all the 3 ladies that I brought with me LOVED the resort even with the restaurant issue and 2 plan on returning next year with their husbands – I’m sure they’ll ensure they have the correct bracelet color upon check-in lol. We loved the location of our rooms; one facing the ocean and one facing the pool so we had the best of both worlds. Our safe didn’t work in our room and had someone try to fix it twice, but to no avail but it was not an issue since we just left our stuff in the safe in the 2nd room. Can’t wait to return next year again and I’m sure everything will be just as fantastic. Thanks to everyone who made our trip possible and take care!
PS - sorry for the long story and I wish I could rate this resort a 4.5 cause no resort is perfect, but it's very close so overall I'll give it a 5 cause I don't feel it's a 4 especially compared to other resorts 14 or so resorts we have been to.

ttfraize

Re: Love Love Love GPJ

Post by ttfraize »

Thank you for your review! Great to hear! :2:

Obviously bracelet colors are HUGE! LOL! How does a first timer to Palladium get a better color? Oh my!!! If I tip someone real well will that help? LOL! I have never had to wear a bracelet before at an AI so....I'm not sure how Im gonna like this. :34:
TANIA & TREVOR- NEWFOUNDLAND CANADA
1995- Radisson Marlboro, Boston
2002- Sunspree, Orlando, Florida
2006- Carnival Victory Cruise Eastern
2007- Sunspree, Orlando, Florida
2008- Sunspree, Orlando, Florida
2009- Sandals, Ocho Rios, Jamaica
2010- Beaches, Negril, Jamaica
2011- Port Orleans French Quarter, Orlando, DisneyWorld
2012- Grand Velas, Mexico
2013- The Jewel, Dunns River Falls, Jamaica
2014- Grand Palladium Resort and Spa, Jamaica