Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Lady Hamilton April 5-12th 2015

Trip Report Forum
mamma O

Lady Hamilton April 5-12th 2015

Post by mamma O »

First I will preface this report by giving you our age and travel experience because that plays into my experience.

We are a 50 something couple with many years of island vacations under our belt. Traveling to many AIs from 4* and up to what I would classify as 6 if they gave that out ! Our daughter and her boyfriend were with us as well they 24 years...so some old and some young point of view.

Arrived on the...dead eye...up at 3 am to catch 6 25 flight out of YYZ- Toronto. Booked AIR TRANSAT vacations ,a Canadian travel company-booked 1 honeymoon villa (us) and a one bedroom suite for my daughter and her bf.We also booked Imperial Club well worth it sorry to all who had to wait for dinner resos but this is the way to go . We also booked Option Plus - separate check in at airport arriving and departing, pre boarding special little extras like Champagne, comfort kit,luggage off first..this cost for 4 was around the 550. mark so if you thought we were being rude we paid for this service...

Thanks to this site we found a private transfer-Reggae tours cost for 4- 120. return well worth not waiting for the bus the check in with 50 people.

The drive went quick and our driver gave us a mini tour along the way.

First impression -pleased exactly as pictured on this forum. We headed to check in although we had a separate check in they were not there yet because we beat the bus.

ROOMS

Our room and although I had requested a certain block did not get it- not even sure if they got the request room 3074 second floor ocean view -they all are in the villas-two large palms obstruct the ocean but it was fine . Again my TA and I had emailed the resort for my daughters room -no view - we asked if she could be moved to a building closer to us with a view-none availible- reception found a room with a fabulous view building 26 -rm 2618 ocean front -right on the ocean and views from both balconies-great....for a cost 70.00 .I am thinking some guests show up and that is their rooom no cost but well whatever it is a great room nicer view than my villa...The villa adults only so no babies crying at night very peaceful...I won't go into the room description because the on line videos and picture are accurate.Coffe pot beside the fridge found that day 2.Easy access to Las Bisas (?) beach - they also have cabana beds for the villas lots...

Spoiler alert- TOWEL GAME on ! hate it hate it but when in Rome.

POOLS

Main pool massive but loads of room for all guests of any age shallow for the little ones and deeper as you cross over the wall to the swim up bar.Pool PARTY was wild for those who are younger or those who wish they were !

Adult pool quiet got louder late afternoon .

Did not make it to the quiet pool on the Jamaican side.

Beaches

Did not use them all - Sunset beach was the best for us- brought water shoes really did not use them- although I did hear of someone stepping on a sea urchin there so maybe to be safe go for it. Lots to do there water sports -paddle boats, stand up boards, kayaks used them all the wait was not long and the team there very friendly - the older gentleman down there was wonderful ! would come nad get you if you did not show up at your time or grab you early if the kayaks were returned early great job on him sorry did not get your name.The Jerk hut is here.

Coral Beach -the adult beach my daughter went down said it was in her words -sinky- my daughter preferred Sunset. Quiet here .

FOOD - BUFFETS, aLa Cartes, etc.

Dinner is important to us after a long day touring, beaching,pooling and sunning we like to end our day with a nice not rushed dinner-Now I am not expecting MICHELIN star restaurants -

Buffets - breakfast was typical AI- omelatte station,fresh fruit,yoghurt,cheese board,french toast you name it -best meal of the day they get a 5 here.

Alas-

Bubbas steak house I liked acceptable edible

Mexican -ok felt rushed felt like a road house

Italian- BLAH did not enjoy at all and the whole family agreed on that.

Dinner Buffet- Ate here twice my daughter 4 she did not like the alas at all but they like to eat and run so suited her fine. I just dont like all the noise .

Jerk Hut enough has been said GREAT ! but be prepared to wait one day 45 mins.in line

Rate the food -3.5 * not great not terrible

Drinks- anything you want very good .Try the BOB MARLEY shot (well I did not read age)but my daughter did said it tasted like HALLS...

Spent after dinner drinks on the upper terrace sipping rum creams- my hubby enjoyed the speciality coffees in Miss Lous-Entertainment here the best I have experienced at an AI DJs live bands well done 5* here.

Shows -been there done that not my thing- I always love the passion for dancing the entertainers have !

Weather was great some cloud did roll in one aft and our last day the heavens opened but did not ruin our day we had had enough sun by then .Never read weather reports you can't control the weather just enjoy !

Palladium Club-was not bothered but was not interested.

Marijuana- OK this is Jamaica so don't come if you dont want to smell it is is here - NO I did not try any (read age)but it is readily availible.

Employees most get 5* will not quibble that someone did not smile ...

On closing we had a wonderful holiday I highly reccommend . Just know it is what it is high 4 * - Would we return probably not because we like to try different places.

Thank you Palladium Forum you are a wealth of knowledge and I salute the TRUE addicts !

Any questions just ask