Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort
We are members of the travel club so we went to the Caribic vacations desk for our transportation. Again fast and easy--about 45 minutes to the hotel. We were in 2628; we had requested building 28, but the room was on the third floor with a great view so we were happy. If you stay in 26, avoid the pool side, it can be loud from music at night.
The resort did not seem to be all that busy. One buffet was closed the entire time we were there, and one ala carte was closed each night. They posted the schedule of closings on Saturday. The new Bubba's and Italian restaurant are very nice and seem larger although we missed sitting outside at the Italian restaurant. The only restaurants we did not eat at were the Mexican and Indian. Breakfast at the Blue Lagoon buffet was always great. We were celebrating my birthday and the manager and staff at the Italian restaurant made it quite special-- a bottle of champagne and a great dessert.
The high points:
1. The staff was simply great--friendly, helpful with a smile. The staff was actually more friendly than most of the other guests. Ricardo and Jillian at the travel club deserve special mention for their efforts. We had no issues with service.
2. Towels: they are now available in quantity at the travel club and at the adult pool. No problem with getting fresh towels as in our previous stays.
3. Great weather: a few clouds in the afternoon but no rain until the day we left.
4. Food: the buffet was the buffet; lots of different options so you could always find something. The ala cartes were better than we remembered, especially Bubba's and the Italian restaurant. Because it was not busy, it seemed like you would not have to wait at an ala carte as long as you got there by 7 p.m.
5. We enjoyed getting together with MichiganBuilder and his wife for drinks at the Infinity bar. It is always helpful to share information.
Some improvement needed:
1. The spa pool and all related water activities like whirlpool, hot tubs, etc. were closed with no real explanation as to why or when they might reopen. We were not told this until we went there. The massage section was open.
2. Las Brisas beach: the beach erosion is an issue and if left unchecked, the usable area will continue to shrink. It was particularly noticeable at the travel club section. The water comes up higher than we remembered from last year.
3. Parts of the buildings and pool are beginning to show some wear and tear. Nothing major but noticeable if you are looking.
1. The excursion offered was the Negril tour. My wife had done this before so we opted for the two massages.
2. Information: I was surprised that we were not told about the status of the Spa and that only massages were available during our meeting at the travel club. After we made our dinner reservations, we got a note in our door later that day that the restaurant we chose for that night was not open and to call to make another reservation. Not a big deal but it should have been known during our meeting.
We were looking to get away from winter in a familiar setting, and we were not disappointed. Again, the friendliness of the staff made our stay most enjoyable. Before we left, we read some of the negative reviews; our experiences have been nothing but positive.