Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Jamaica June 13 -20, 2017

Trip Report Forum
MindyH8
Top Twenty Poster

Jamaica June 13 -20, 2017

Post by MindyH8 »

Trip to Grand Palladium Jamaica June 13-20

This was our 4th trip to the Palladium in Jamaica, our 6th trip overall to a Palladium. I need to preface my report by saying that we had been here in January with a trip that didn’t go well and this was our “do over” trip. I fell in the bathroom in January and fractured my back and wrist. I spent 3 days in the hospital in Jamaica. The fall was a senior moment and of no fault of the hotel. The hotel couldn’t have been more helpful and kept in touch with my husband while I was in the hospital. Dwight Spence, the hotel night manager came to our hotel room and arranged for us to go to the hospital. The manager for JTL, Funjet, and Southwest vacations, Maralyn even came to see me in the hospital daily. (We were traveling with Southwest Vacations and used JTL for transport.) Maralyn arranged for a driver and car for my husband each day to make the trip to the hospital.

On this trip we arrived at Montego Bay Airport around 2 pm on a Tuesday. There must have been multiple planes arriving at the same time as Customs was jammed. Luckily we had Club Mobay and we were met by our representative at the end of the concourse and expedited through Customs and Immigration to the Club Mobay arrival lounge.
Our transportation was arranged through JTL, (Maralyn took care of this personally before our arrival) and in no time we were on our bus to the resort which is 40 to 45 minutes west of the airport.

At the resort we were told we were being upgraded to the Lady Hamilton. The Accomodations manager, Corita Martin, Dwight Spence (Night manager) and Kenesha Irving (Guest Relations Manager) had arranged many surprises for us during our stay as our trip in January was so disappointing We were met at reception by Samantha Robinson, the new Smile Services Manager. (This is a new position in the last month.) Samantha road with us to our room and opened our door for us. Samantha and Ingrid Slater (Assistant Accomodations Director) took videos of our first impression. It was a huge impression. Samantha had made a banner with balloons on each side which read “Welcome home Mr. and Mrs. ……...” We had champagne, a dessert plate and fruit platter in the room. We were in room 2831 which is a suite facing the ocean. We had ocean views from the balcony in the living room as well as ocean view from the balcony in the bedroom. They did a wonderful job with the renovations of the Lady Hamilton rooms. The morning of our anniversary we found a heart made from flower petals outside our door with a beautiful handwritten note from Samantha.

The resort is still as beautiful as always. As we were aware, June begins their raining season. As there was a tropical storm off the coast, we had rain most days but we were able to spend part of each day at the Coral Pool and my husband loved snorkeling off Coral Beach. There is always something to do even if the weather doesn’t cooperate. There was a band/music each evening at the Infinity Bar. I loved the specialty coffees at Ms. Lou’s bar off the Infinity Bar.
Don’t miss the jerk hut on Sunset Cove. It still has the best jerk chicken.
Most of the renovations have been done. The Infinity Pool as had all the tile restored. The Lotus restaurant (Asian) now has cooking tables where you can reserve a seat. (It is entertaining with delicious Asian food.) The Poseiden restaurant had been renovated as well. We liked lunch there as it was close to the adult pool.
We especially like the Grand Palladium- Jamaica for the staff who are warm and caring. They seem to thoroughly enjoy their jobs. We met the new Resident Manager for the resort – Geraldo De Groot. We were warmly welcomed and we feel the resort is in good hands with the new resident manager. We were able to see several of the staff who made a bad accident in January much more palatable. Dwight Spence, Night Manager, who was there right after I fell and made sure this visit was more than special, as well as Kenisha Irving in Guest Relations. Corita Martin, Accomodations Manager, made sure our trip this time was very special.

We are already planning to return next spring to what has become “Our home away from home”.

MindyH8
Top Twenty Poster

Re: Jamaica June 13 -20, 2017

Post by MindyH8 »

I noticed a typo in my review. The new resident manager is "Gerardo De Groot" . I accidentally put an "l" instead or an "r".