Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

OCTOBER 2-10TH - JAMON PARTY

Trip Report Forum
Leslie

OCTOBER 2-10TH - JAMON PARTY

Post by Leslie »

Hello All,

I just copied and pasted my Trip Advisor trip report here:

ONCE YOU GO, YOU KNOW . . . .

This was our first time at the GP Lady Hamilton (LH) after having visited other Palladium resorts in Riviera Maya, Puerto Vallarta and Punta Cana and the Lady Hamilton did not disappoint! We had a wonderful time there.

It's a 30 minute drive from the airport to the resort (using private transportation). The weather was very hot and humid with some thunderstorms usually in the late afternoon but it is October and that's the Caribbean weather this time of year. It didn't put a damper on any of our activities.

There are actually two resorts or two sides to the whole complex (LH and Jamaica sides). No matter what side you are staying on you have access to both resorts.

Rooms:
We stayed in a Junior Suite and all the rooms at LH have been refurbished in the last couple of years. The thing I liked the most about the rooms at LH, is that most of them have excellent water views because part of the resort is on a peninsula, so lots of water all around. Even though we were in a basic junior suite, we had an amazing water view as we were down on the point in Villa 32. There are also Honeymoon Villa Suites which are adult only and have outdoor showers, but we were completely satisifed with the room we had. There is a mini fridge in the rooms that are restocked daily with beer, soda, water and nuts.

Grounds:
The grounds were so pretty with lots of different flowers. The gardeners do an exceptional job with the landscaping.

Service:
The service is amazing there. Staff are all so nice and everyone says hello to you as you are walking by. I love that. I have to say that compared to other resorts we have been to, this has been the best service. Staff don't wait for you to ask about something, they see that you are looking for something or looking puzzled and they're quick to ask what they can help you with. Our housekeeper did a great job keeping our room nice and clean. Don't forget to tip the staff for their wonderful service!

Food:
The food at LH was excellent everywhere we went. Breakfast was at the buffets. There are so many choices for lunch, it's unbelievable: Jerk Hut, BBQ set up by the pool, two buffets and the Poseidon restaurant. For dinner you can go to either the buffet or one of the al la cartes. You can go to as many al la cartes for diiner as you like. You are not limited to only 2 or 3 for the week. There are 7 al la carte restaurants available: Mexican, Steakhouse, Jamaican, Asian, Italian, Seafood and Indian. We did the Italian twice, the Steakhouse, Asian twice (once for the regular restaurant and once for the Japanese show table) and Indian. Everything was very delicious. If you get a chance to do the Japanese show table, then do it! It was fabulous. If you do want to book it, you need to go to Guest Services early on in your stay and make the reservation for it (this is an exception for a reservation). There is also a Sports Bar which we frequented quite often for a late night snack. You can even do dinner or lunch there as well and catch a sporting event. The food there was delicious as well – pub type food such as chicken wings, cheese sticks, nachos, pizza, etc. etc. If you get a chance, visit Miss Lous for premium drinks and nice desserts.

Beach:
There are four smaller beaches over the whole complex which includes an adult beach (Coral Beach). Two are over on the one side of the peninsula (Coral and Sunset Cove beaches) and two are over on the other side (Las Brisas and Gully Beach). They are all very nice and you can go for short walks on them rather than strolling for miles.

Pools:
There are four pool areas in the complex: Infinity pool is the largest, a separate kids' pool with water slides, a quiet pool on the Jamaica side, and an adult pool on the LH side. All are well maintained.

Spa:
There is the Zentropia Spa at the complex. Inside the spa is a wet area consisting of a sauna, hot tub, pool to use for a nominal fee. However if you have a spa service booked, you can use this wet area while there for your appointment. You can book the usual spa appointments there: massages, nails, facials, etc. There is also a smoothie station here where you can get some nice veggie or fruit smoothies made.

Activities:
Kids Club, beach volleyball court, 3 tennis courts, basketball court, soccer field and mini-golf.

Entertainment:
There was lots of nightly entertainment starting with the shows on stage and bands in the Infinity Bar.The shows were great. Don't miss the Jamaica Show on the Friday evening! It was amazing! After the shows are over, the People of Palladium dancers (POP team) takes the party up into the Infinity Bar area. Don't miss the steel drum band which in the Infinity Bar on Friday night as well after the show. They play modern, current songs as well as some Jamaican ones. They were fantastic! If you're able to carry on after the Infinity bar entertainment has finished, there is a Disco which is open from 11 pm- 2 am!

Since it's low season right now, there were a couple of renovations going on but they did not impact us in any way at all. They are always making improvements to the resort which is great!

We are members of a Palladium fan page, which I am not allowed to promote on Trip Advisor. But if you would like more information please feel free to message me. A group of about 85 of us from this fan page descended on the resort for this trip. Staff and management at the resort put on a private party for us one evening (all pre-arranged) and it was fantastic! It consisted of a cocktail party, t-shirts, a dinner and fabulous entertainment into the evening.

I'll end by saying that we had a fantastic vacation and that we will definitely be back. ONCE YOU GO, YOU KNOW . . . . . YA MON!