Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Our first time experience!

Trip Report Forum
JGSmitty2

Our first time experience!

Post by JGSmitty2 »

Our first trip to Jamaica was early October of this year for the Palladium addicts party. We were a bit apprehensive , but that was quickly changed the moment we got into the van for the drive to the resort. The check-in process was quick and painless and we were given the room area we had asked for on the top floor, a honeymoon suite villa with a beautiful ocean view.The adult pool and travel club lounge was a stone's throw away....it felt longer if too many bevvies consumed! Seriously, everything was within close walking distance however you didn't feel the resort was too small. Carts were available, however we didn't feel the need to use them.
We ate most mornings at the Blue Lagoon restaurant overlooking the pool and beyond, was the blue expanse of the water. The service was exceptional and our day started with expresso, regular coffee and (of course) mimosas. The servers were always pleasant, eager to please and efficient, particularly Patrice?? She was great! My only complaint around breakfast,was the room service hours. One morning I had a bit of a tummy issue, and the room service was not available until after 11:00am. I wanted to eat and be sure it stayed in me, if you know what I mean. It would be perfect if breakfast room service was available earlier, to take advantage of the balcony overlooking the beautiful view.
After breakfast, we usually started around the infinity pool area making our way by lunch by the sunset cove consuming their awesome jerk chicken. They had two sauces, a tangy sweet and a hot. Being the wimp I am, I compromised with half and half. The jerk pork was also good. There was a bar set up as well to continue the day with a mellow glow! The Poseidon restaurant had a good vibe with the lunch crowd, overlooking sunset cove. We lunched there one day during a slight downpour. Special mention to Owen, who keep the Johnny Walker coming! We had a marvelous meal one evening, with some of the best lobster I have tasted in the Caribbean. That same meal we heard the loudest clap of thunder along with lightning across the water which seemed to produce a fireball, or so we thought. We also ate in the Steak house, Italian (yum) and the Japanese show table, which was one of the better shows of the Grand Palladium resorts that we have visited.
Our evenings were spent on the upper area above the Infinity pool either hanging out with the nice view or challenging each other with our new found love of Jenga in Miss Lou's. Nothing like a Drambuie and expresso trying not to knock over the blocks. Thank you everyone for your patience with me!
A special mention to the steel drum band on Friday night.
The Spa is beautiful and has the winding lazy river as well as the many treatments. We enjoyed the shock of the hot and cold baths and well as our couples massage. I made it to the gym once where I had my friend pummel me with her routine. She rocks her workouts. Plenty of equipment and space to do your thing. There are many tranquil areas, which is a nice change to recharge your batteries.
I would like to recognize Jermie Thomas who manned the towel area. Super nice guy and put up with a conversation with us for an hour. Very friendly and helpful, he is a definite keeper for the resort. Jermie also had us participate in a water balloon toss at Sunset Cove as part of the POP activities. Let me say that normally I don't participate, however I felt his pain in having to recruit people. It was fun. We hope to see you soon Jermie.
A special mention should be made to the awesome production led by Bow Wow and group for the Palladium addicts. We really enjoyed the music, though it was a shame that more people did not get up to dance. All of the acts were incredible. Maybe less of the beer-drinking contest next time, in my opinion. You ran out of beer! We hope to run into you guys on our return to your resort soon.
We had such a wonderful holiday that we have decided to come back much sooner than expected. See you soon.
Jill and Greg Smith
TRS Yucatan April 27th - May 8th, 2018
Lady Hamilton, Jamaica Dec 7th - Dec 14th, 2017
Lady Hamilton, Jamaica Oct 2nd - Oct 9th, 2017
Royal Suites Yucatan, April 28th - May 7th, 2017
Royal Suites Turquesa, October 2016
Royal Suites Yucatan, May 2016
AND the list could go on, lol