Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Oct 3rd - 17th

Trip Report Forum
Mumof4boys

Oct 3rd - 17th

Post by Mumof4boys »

Trip report was also posted on TripAdvisor

A Wonderful Two Weeks
This was our 3rd visit to Lady Hamilton. We decided that 1 week wasn’t enough so added another week this time and so glad we did. Our visit was from October 3rd to 17th.

I will start off by mentioning that we are part of the Palladium Addict’s group and were there to attend a party hosted by the resort. Check “Palladium Addicts” out on Facebook and online if you really want to know all about Palladium.
The party was amazing and the staff really pulled out all the stops to make the evening fun and enjoyable.
We booked a Jr. Suite and requested building 28 and the resort was able to honour that request. This building is not too far from the main lobby but far enough that it’s nice and quiet at night. The Jr. Suite rooms are very spacious with your choice of King or 2 double beds and nicely decorated. Housekeeping always kept our room very clean and fridge was stocked every day with soft drinks, water, beer and peanuts.

Something new that they have now implemented is a shuttle service with carts travelling around the resort if you need a ride. We only used it once as we enjoy walking and looking at the plants, flowers and trees that are very well cared for.

There are many choices for food and you will certainly not go without finding something you like. One of the buffets was closed on this trip but being slow season this certainly was not a problem. Wait staff in the buffets always very pleasant and ready to please. Most days we had breakfast in the main buffet but a couple of times we ate at the outdoor buffet (Blue Lagoon) over the large infinity pool. Plenty of breakfast treats, eggs to order, bacon galore and even Jamaican dishes to tempt you. We also had lunch a few times in the buffet with again so much to choose from pasta, salad fixing to your choice of burger whether it be chicken, beef, pork or fish. I had a lovely tuna steak one day for lunch. Very yummy! Buffet even has hard ice cream in many flavours in a cone or dish. A big hit with the kids.

A La Carte’s is where we always had our dinner. We tried everyone restaurant except the Indian and our favourite was the Italian but my best meal was in Bubba’s where I had lamb chops that were cooked to perfection. Another restaurant we really enjoyed was the Jamaican. In this restaurant our starting server was Sheldon McClemon. This guy was so sweet and was so happy to be working at Palladium. We actually had him again another night at the Asian restaurant when we were at the show table. Again, awesome service from Sheldon. Speaking of the show table, we had the fortune of have Chef Ching Ching prepare our meal. I have been to many Asian show tables from many visits to other Palladium’s and Chef Ching Ching is the best. His show was hilarious and very entertaining and he served the best fried rice I have ever had. We also had dinner at the Mexican but it was our least liked meal. I think after being to Mexico our standards are just too high and the food just didn’t stand up to that.
Favourite food item at each Al A Carte: Jamaican I loved the Coconut Shrimp appetizer and my husband the BBQ Rib Appetizer. Poseidon we both love the whole fried snapper & fries lunch meal. Asian we only did the show table and as mentioned the fried rich was yummy. Bubba’s for me the lamb and my husband the filet mignon but you have to leave room for the key lime pie for dessert. Mexican would be the Fajita’s. Italian is really hard to choose just one item as we loved so many of the meals. I would go with the Potato and Leek soup, Bacon Carbonara pasta and Tiramisu for dessert.
Other choices for food is the Sports Bar, daily BBQ on the beach with a Rock N Burgers beach party on Thursday’s, Hot dog cart, Jerk Hut, Ms. Lou’s and if needed there is room service starting at 11 am every day.

There are plenty of bars to quench your thirst. The swim up bar at the Infinity pool is the place to be during the day. These guys love to have fun. They get to know what you like but if you have no idea or want to try something new they will make you a drink I’m sure you will love. Maybe a Bob Marley or a Hummingbird.
Ms. Lou’s bar is one of the places we like to relax in the evening. Chances are you can find your favorite high end alcohol here. You can usually find Colette serving in the bar each night. She is an amazing person. We found out this time that she has been at this Palladium since day one. She certainly deserves recognition for job well done.
Another feature at Ms. Lou’s is Chocolate Night on Wednesday evenings starting at 6 pm. This is a must, but don’t wait too long as the treats disappear fast. But if you do miss it they have a lovely display of sweets and sandwiches that are really good.
Another thing we love at Ms. Lou’s is the coffees. My favourite the Caribbean Coffee with Dark rum, coconut cream and whipped cream top, hubby likes the Jamaican Coffee with Blue Mountain Coffee Liquor, Appleton white rum and whipped cream top. Yum!

There are always many things to do at the resort. 3 Beaches to choose from with the most active being Sunset Cove. You have all the water sports at this beach, activities with the POP (People of Palladium) team and the famous Jerk Hut for the best Jerk Chicken. We love snorkeling so usually our starting point is from Coral Beach which is adults only. It’s directly down from the Adult pool. If you are going to snorkel stay to the left and head to the point of the land. Look up and if you see the gazebo above you’re in the right place. Lots of amazing sea life to see.
There is 3 main pools the largest and most famous being the infinity pool plus a really fun kids pool. There are also a couple of pools at the spa and some very nice water features.

Entertainment is run by BowWow and his POP team. A group of people who clearly love their job and have fun doing it. From the games down at Sunset Cove in the morning thru to the wee of the hours of the next morning at the Disco they will keep you busy if you so choose. A few of them we got the privilege to know are: Abbi, Tavia, Barbie, Talawah, Milton, Rory, Chucky, Jeremie, Rasheed & Stretch just to name a few. Thanks for all the fun guys!

This was an amazing relaxing vacation. I recommend this resort and I sure hope we will be back real soon. You just can’t beat the Jamaican hospitality.
Ya Mon!!!