Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

My Trip Report Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton

Trip Report Forum
Brenda
Founder / Manager

My Trip Report Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton

Post by Brenda »

Posting for Linda Stubbs

LADY HAMILTON
We spent two weeks at GPLH wow wow wow total luxury between 31st August and 14th sept for my 65TH birthday 45 mins transfer time from airport We booked Club MoBay Lounge both ways they met our flight and we were whisked through customs, avoiding all the lines same on the way back worth the money. I’ve been to some great hotels around the world but this by far is luxury beyond compare with the nicest helpful staff from the gardener all the way up brilliant people. This was our first visit to Jamaica and we were not disappointed The GPLH is a huge resort the hotel shuttle buses were a blessing to me as walking is difficult just rang for one and it picked me up taking me to wherever I wanted to go on the resort very pleasant happy drivers. The drinks are brand named none of this local stuff only. There is free WiFi throughout the complex.

The Jamaican are happiness everywhere and it is heart-warming. We would like to give a special mention to a few of the staff who made our stay even more enjoyable thanks to Garth Berk Manager very helpful generally lovely guy, Phyicia manager of customer services thank you for assisting us so professionally but very friendly, Big shout out to Alex supervisor in the infinity bar great guy very helpful, Miss Lou’s had cakes to die for and excellent coffee
Movlan Rowe met us off the coach and showed us to the stand where we were given a much-needed welcome drink, Movian is such a friendly lady always smiling, Ricardo on Reception thank you for all your help, Michael in the Steakhouse was amazing guy (hey cowboy private joke lol) such a great guy with excellent service. Sharon our room lady Block 2820 who kept our room immaculate and decorated with amazing towel sculptures and flowers always willing to help did an excellent decoration in our room for my birthday.
CHECK IN
This was smooth and quick very polite reception staff very helpful we hang back letting the rush to get rooms slow down enjoying the drink and view, our bags were taken to our room with us on a buggy lovely bell man carried them all the way upstairs most grateful

ROOM
The rooms wow wow they are big and spacious with nice shower I put a small towel down in the shower due to it being slippery and big jacuzzi bath my daughter loved it, luxurious rooms beds so big and comfortable and towels slippers and dressing gowns are provided there’s a free safe plenty of hanging space, hair dryer may suit short or thin long hair my daughters hair is long and thick she wished she’d packed her own straighteners worked ok, there was a dock in the room and plenty of plug sockets remember flat ended adapter’s required, The fridge was stocked daily we left a tip asked for coke and orange. Coffee machine with coffee and tea stocked daily.

ROOM SERVICE
Room service was excellent with loads of food my daughter enjoyed the spicy wings and pizza the sandwiches were huge all served with chips excellent.

POOL and BEACHES
Glendon the pool attendant at the adult pool who prepared our loungers every morning made sure we had clean towels, Kerene the lady gardener who arranged our loungers with flowers every morning thank you so much.
There are 4 beaches to choose from we choose Coral beach an adult only beach where topless is permtted.
Towel huts are open and closed at certain times which was fine we always managed to get clean towels. The adult pool serves drinks till 10pm and music starts around 9am to 10pm parties often went on to midnight no problem for us we were right above it but once you shut your doors you couldn’t hear it.

RESTAURANTS
All restaurants serve great food with a wide range of choice for everyone I can’t eat spice or fiery food but just asked to speak to the chefs and they pointed out what can be cooked minus spices which was brilliant for me.
The Hibachi show with Chef Ching Ching was great what a laugh you need to book this in advance but a must see.
The buffet was great but we chose to eat breakfast at the Poseidon Restaurant lovely views out to sea.
We found 2 Jerk huts I personally don’t eat it but every lunch time my daughter had a plate full.

ENTERTAINMENT
Didn’t see much day entertainment around the pools as we chose to stay around the adult pool and beach however we did attend the foam party what a laugh even POPs joined in what a great bunch of guys the evening entertainment was excellent Michael Jackson was amazing, the groups up in the Infinity bar was also enjoyable. The shows on a night were excellent and the Whites party at the beach was great fun take something white to wear some did some didn’t.

SMOKING
No problem smoking around hotel we were told where’s there sky you can smoke we were even allowed to smoke under cover when it rained please if you smoke on the beaches take your butts with you and bin them some consideration for the natural beauty and grounds people I couldn’t believe people tossing their butts around. When you get off the plane there’s an allocated area to smoke remember it is not allowed in Jamaica always ask before you spark up.
Don’t turn up for breakfast in a bikini as one woman found out she was politely turned away,

MY 65TH BIRTHDAY
I celebrated my 65th belated birthday at the Jamaican Restaurant due to a hitch on the day but LH came through trumps on this, and oh my it was amazing we were on the terrace all decorated lovely the staff all came out singing Happy Birthday with an amazing cake it was truly wonderful on my actual birthday day at breakfast the staff all came singing birthday wishes with a member of staff with a plate on her head with little cakes and candles saying happy birthday, got back to our room to find Champaign on ice and a gift of Rum jerk sauces and chocolates it was amazing the best ever birthday lovely memories all day long staff and guests were wishing me Happy Birthday I felt so special Thank you GPLH you really made my day special giving me memories for a lifetime

COST
Everything is very expensive at the shops at the hotel plus they add VAT on the prices you see $15 a pack of cigs pick them up at duty free at Montego Bay airport 200 super kings was only $36, take enough toiletries we paid $20 for a bottle of shampoo.
The trips are very expensive £100 to £240 each per trip, but we booked through Steve’s tours at the hotel drove a well posh 6 seater met a couple of people did trips together we did Negril 7 mile beach on a Catamaran ($60 extra each) which booze was free onto Ricks Café which my daughter jumped off the highest cliff, $5 a drink but hey, another day we did Black river, YS Falls, Pelican Bar, Luminous lagoons for 4 people 3 trips in one saving an absolute fortune, plus additional costs for Luminous lagoons but the cost for Black river pays entry into YS falls my daughter did the zip wire price was included. there’s an additional cost of $25 per person over 4 people in the taxi
It’s been said Marijuana is easily purchased but we didn’t see or get offered it, but if you are activity looking for it no doubt you will find it.
People make a holiday, and we had the great pleasure of making some wonderful friends during our stay both staff and guests which will be forever friends already planning our next trip together at GPLH