Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

TRS February Get Away!

Trip Report Forum
mexicocouple
Top Ten Poster

TRS February Get Away!

Post by mexicocouple »

My husband, our friends and myself were at the newly renovated TRS in Mexico for 6 days the end of February. This was our first time back to the TRS Grand Palladium since the renovations were completed at the resort. We have been coming to the GP since 2002 when there were only two sections, Colonial and Kantenah. Wow, have things changed since our first vacation!!!

The first impression of the new TRS lobby is absolutely gorgeous. Part of the lobby is air condition the other part is not. The outside courtyard has comfortable seating with a small bar and stage for music in the evening. The covered lobby has a large bar and seating as well. Just beautiful, very relaxing in the evenings under the stars!

We were in building 67 in a Junior Suite with a plunge pool, very nice. Besides the actual renovations there are a few new additions in the rooms. 1. The red/green light signaling the staff for your room to be cleaned in the morning, pull down service in the evening and if you do not want to be disturbed, I like it! 2. You have a choice of 3 fragrances for your room, nice touch. 3. There is now a steamer for your clothes. 4. The wrist key fob to enter the room is great and I love it!!! There are many mirrors in the room, water closet and shower as well, not a huge fan! The only thing I can say negative about the room is the lighting, could have had more lights and be brighter.

The new TRS pool is awesome! There are plenty of lounge chairs, covered areas and beds. I can actually stand in the pool comfortably without it being over your head, I’m 5’ 2”. The service around the pools is great. Seriously never need to go to the bar unless you want to stretch your legs!!

In my opinion the food has been taken up to the next level as well as the service, all the staff work so hard to please everyone. I found the food to be tasty, clean and fresh with a lot of flavor. We had our lunches at Helios ocean side and once for dinner, delicious. We had every breakfast at Capricho and we enjoyed the new type of service and set up at this restaurant. We ate our dinner at El Gaucho and Tentazione and we were all impressed with our meals, they were all delicious. I would return to each restaurant again.

We went to Chic for the show and it is a must see! The show was amazing, not your typical “resort show”. The singers, sax player and performs are topnotch! The show is high energy moving, keeping everyone entertained. This show is a must see and I would go back to see it again. The food is tasty, interesting and very good it was served by courses throughout the entire show. Service was excellent!

TRS staff are absolutely amazing, nice people and I feel honored to have come to know some of them personally and to call them friends! Thank you ALL for making our vacations so wonderful and because of you we are looking forward to returning to TRS Grand Palladium Mexico!