Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Vacation in Paradise!

Trip Report Forum
Gentille1
Moderator /French Translator

Vacation in Paradise!

Post by Gentille1 »

Just got back from a trip to the Grand Palladium Kantenah in Riviera Maya and I wish to share with you all the great moments I lived while there for 10 days.
I will start by saying that I am a return guests of more than 10 visits to the Palladium chain and they are very good in acknowledging that by giving you a VIP bracelet which gives you additional privileges.
I will try and put this in categories.
Room: Being handicap I was given an adapted room which was very close to the lobby and therefore to the buffets and certain restaurants, not to far for the pool. It had an easy access for my wheelchair and a shower with a seat inside.
Site: Everything is clean, well taken care of. It is so big we did not have the opportunity to see everything but with the accessible transportation, we got to go to all the different lobbies and restaurants “A La Carte” that we wished.
Beach and pools: As everybody know the area has to deal with the Algae situation, but I must say that the hotel does everything they can to have the beach cleaned up. The various pools are big and most of the activities are at the Colonial area, so I cannot comment much because my cousin and myself fell in love with the Salt Water Pool (the VIP bracelet gives us the privilege to access it), so we spent our time there to enjoy swimming in the sea with the fishes and not having to be scared that I would hurt myself with the waves. I will however take the time to let you know that I got to try the floating chair with a wonderful lifeguard, who took me out in the sea for a really fun time with no danger.
Service: I want to take the time to outline the service of the various people that really took care of us during our stay. First of all I want to thank Paula Montoto for her assistance for my CHIC reservation, then Pedro Zavala Gamboa for his warm welcome and all that he did so that our stay was really over and above expectations. Also the customer service representative that was soooo patient when we made all our A la Carte restaurant’s reservations. Special mention for Jose and Angie at the Las Rocas Bar (at the Salt Water Pool) for their smile and prompt service and to the wonderful lifeguards that really assisted me a few times with my wheelchair. All the different waiters and chefs of the restaurants that were so careful in letting me know what to eat since I am lactose and gluten intolerant deserve a huge thank you. One more person I want to acknowledge is Valeria (hostess) at the Helios who always made us feel like family.
Restaurants: This might be a long section because I have a lot to say about every single restaurant I have been at. The Mexican was very good and on our first night I got to experience the professionalism of the waiters and chefs in regards to allergies (my intolerances are regarded as allergies) right there and then. What a great feeling being able to eat delicious foods that will not harm my body. With the VIP status I was able to make reservations at all the A la carte restaurants, so we reserved a different one every night of our stay. La Boheme, once again special service for me and my cousin got to enjoy a great lobster. Then we did the CHIC, what can I say about that night except GREAT – Food adapted to my needs and served as anybody else; so I did not feel like an outsider (wonderful feeling), the show was really professional and with a lot of talent. I did not have the pleasure of thanking the Chef so I hope that if the authorities read my review they will for me. Japanese Show, there again the food was wonderful but the show was a bit quiet for my personal taste; they again made sure that what I ate was lactose and gluten free! WHAT A GREAT FEELING! We ate at the Chang Thai, the El Gaucho, the Helios, the Poseidon and La Lola and loved every single one of the them. Our last dinner was at the Poseidon right on the beach and we got to witness a beautiful full moon shining on the sea. We had breakfast at the Colonial buffet or at the Kantenah buffet every morning and there also, food was offered to me that were lactose and gluten free. Special thank you to Viridiana who got me to enjoy pan cakes and muffins, which I had no idea I could have.
Being handicap, the transportation to the various areas of the resort was really important to me so I will take time to outline the quickness and the warm attention of all the various cart drivers, they had to put my chair on the cart, drive me to my destination and take down the chair again always with a huge smile. Furthermore, I will take the time to comment on the great response when I called for transportation at my room. Everyday, we received goodies around 5 pm which my cousin enjoyed (chocolate and cheese have lactose); after mentioning it to one of the delivery people, I got a nice plate of food lactose and gluten free.
Shows: The CHIC offers a super show, the rock show was great and the special Western show was good. We usually had late dinners therefore did not get to see many shows. In the Colonial lobby we got also to see the 70’s show where I got to dance in my chair with the POP staff, that was so much fun.
All in all, my trip was over and above great! Thank you Palladium Staff and Management!
I know that I spoke a lot about my food intolerances but I feel it very important to share!
Francine

Je suis une "ADDICT" depuis 2009, alors j'ai pensé ouvrir un groupe "Accrocs des Palladium" sur Facebook pour partager en français les différentes informations. Si vous avez besoin d'assistance en français, venez nous joindre sur: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1385500 ... =bookmarks

Next trips/Prochains voyagea : As soon as there is a vaccin for Covid-19 / Aussitôt qu'il y a un vaccin.