Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

TRS GPRM Jr Suite 7122 Nov 3-10, 2018

Trip Report Forum
stillbillmd
Top Twenty Poster

TRS GPRM Jr Suite 7122 Nov 3-10, 2018

Post by stillbillmd »

Flew out of Dulles and landed in Cancun during a rainstorm. Immigration and Customs were a breeze (yes, you still have to do the red light/green light dance in Terminal 3). Got outside and found my Canada Transfer rep, and was shortly on my way. It POURED all the way through Playa Del Carmen, so the ride was about 90 minutes. My driver was great and took it easy (unlike some I saw passing us).

I arrived at TRS somewhere around noon. Christina met me at the door and guided me to someone for check-in. My room wasn't ready yet, but that didn't matter to me. Grabbed some grub and more than one shot of Xtabentun as I wandered about.

My room was finally ready around 4 p.m. (they had a shift change & I think I fell through the cracks). I ordered room service and died an early death, as I was wiped out (been up all night).

Had another storm overnight, which knocked out both the power (for a couple of minutes) and WiFi (for several hours). But, after that it was 85 and sunny the rest of the week.

My room was a Jr Suite on the west side of Villa 71. Which is great for drying clothes! It also overlooks the Mayan cabanas and those poor folks have no privacy in the outdoor showers (some hung towels up for screening).

My room had the jacuzzi on the balcony and the "open bathroom" layout. They need to replace those "pegs" they have installed for towels with hooks - mine was falling off of the wall.

Butler service was fine when someone was right there, otherwise it was spotty. The only other place service, I felt, was lacking was at La Terraza. If you were at the bar, it was fine. But they didn't try real hard to run the pool deck. Everywhere else, it was sterling.

Magde59 and her sister came in Wednesday, and were a ton of fun to hang with.

I'm aiming for the Get-Together next Spring, but we'll see how it goes.

Overall, a great trip & can't wait to return.