Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Alejandra’s Wedding Review GP Riviera Maya, May 13, 2019

Riviera Maya, Punta Cana, Jamaica, Vallarta
Brenda
Founder / Manager

Alejandra’s Wedding Review GP Riviera Maya, May 13, 2019

Post by Brenda » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:48 pm

Here is my wedding review Wedding 5-13-2019
Ceremony time: 4:00 PM
Ceremony location: beach peragola
Reception location: la Laguna
Reception time: 6:00 pm- 10:00 pm
Wedding coordinator: Jessica Celi
Package: Mexican national
Guests: 48
Menu chosen: buffet menu #2
Vendors: all recommendations from resort
Music: dB music
Violinist: resort recommendation
Flowers: resort recommendation
Makeup: resort spa/ zentropia
Photography: resort recommendation/ Romanza

Our wedding day was amazing and so stress free ! I felt so calm the entire day leading up to the ceremony. As any normal anxiety from the unknown creeps up but once the music starts it’s all happiness once you see your husband standing waiting for you.

I will be as detailed as possible... grab a drink or two !

Our planning began May 2018 when we had decided to go with grand palladium. We were advised of the Mexican nationality package and honestly it saved us a TON of money !
We had a rough start as the resort does take a while for them to respond back to you when you inquire about weddings. Our original wedding date was May 10th, 2019. They had advised that the date was available and we rushed to get all documentation and payment back to them same day. However, because they are slow on their end or maybe the person who was helping us dropped the ball (my gut feeling) we were advised that the date was not longer available and had to change it. They ended up changing our wedding date 3 times !!! I had to reach out to corporate to have this issue reviewed and fixed ASAP! Our original plan was to go with costa mujeres as it was a new resort and it was closer to the airport for our guests but costa mujeres would not honor the complimentary wedding package which is why we chose riviera maya. Anywho, corporate got involved and we had our issues situated and because they wanted to force me for a 2pm ceremony I was not having it and pressed for 4pm ceremony given that I had my wedding date changed 3 times and slots were closing fast. One thing I can say is that the resort is very accommodating especially when you want to take it to management, lol!
Moving along...
we booked our visit in September 2019 they gave us the best rate to TRS and it was AWESOME! Lol! So awesome we became members ! Lol! I mean nothing compares to TRS you are definitely catered which you can definitely see the difference from the other side of the resort. It’s great for families but if you want to chill and wine down and be treated like royalty I definitely recommend their adults only side !

We had a site visit with Jessica and we went to the ceremony and reception location and we reviewed minor details such as bouquet and boutonnières and chairs and decor. Everything else she sent me an email and gave me time to pick and choose my wedding decor options.

Jessica was great at communicating and always answering all my questions !

Booking: was done directly with the resort we didn’t use TA. We did a room block of 25 rooms for 50 guests. Going through their reservations was a little hectic when it came to communicating. Again maybe because of their high email demand. Also, language barrier caused a lot of miscommunication. I found my self calling for guests and clearing up Miss communications.

Pre wedding: we had a meeting with Jessica 5/11/2019 and we went over all the details of the wedding. We also met with romanza and our photographer.

Pre makeup trial: 5/12/2019 airbrush is an up charge of 30.00 USD. I recommend for sure. *note* the 30.00 is for trial and additional 30 for day of so total of 60.00 they didn’t explain this to me they just told me 30 at the trial and I was like oh cool not bad and then turned out it was 30 for trial the 30’for wedding day.

Welcome guest dinner: la dalia 6:30 PM 48 guests we did an all white party. It was so much fun the fun at la dalia is my favorite buffet from the entire resort. They have great variety and the dessert table is heaven !!!

Wedding day: my mom, sister, my daughter and I headed to the spa at 11:00 to begin getting hair and makeup ready. We were out of the spa by 2:30pm. My mom and I got ready together I didn’t have a huge bridal party in my room. It’s less stress !! Lol 😂 I got ready in my room in TRS. We ordered late lunch to hold us out for dinner. At 350 pm our shuttle arrived as they knocked on my door and walked me out. I had a corset dress so I had to stand up lol I couldn’t sit.
2)Groom got ready with best man
3)We did not do a first look my husband didn’t want to. Lol!
4)Everyone had to be in the colonial lobby at 330 to be shuttled to the wedding.
5)The violinist was amazing played every song I asked.
6)beach peragola was amazing ! Weather was great and the sand was Perfect to walk on barefoot !
7)groom uncle did the ceremony therefore ours was 35 min long. But it went by fast lol in my head!
8)We took pictures right after the ceremony while guests were shuttled back to white sands bar to enjoy some cocktails before going to the reception

After ceremony: location at la Laguna
OMG we had the full light background and it was gorgeous !!!!!!!
Our Dj was awesome he kept everyone dancing!!
The only down fall and ladies read this ***la Laguna has ZERO breeze !! *** holy mother of god !!! The beach ceremony was perfect compared to the la Laguna. I had to change from my reception dress into shirts and a tank top and the wedding coordinator had cold wet towels on my neck so that I wouldn’t over heat.
The food menu was option 2 buffet and EVERYTHING was delicious !!!
Our cake: was chocolate and it was delicious as well everyone ate cake and had no left overs... probably all the tequila ! Lol

Lastly: We did not have the beach bash sadly but there was a white party on the beach so everyone that wanted to joined the party and had the time of their lives!
However, spouse and I went to TRS and jumped into the COLD pool (colonial pool is WARM) and we swam till
Midnight then went back our room ordered room service and finally enjoyed our quiet time after the chaos !

*makeup***** done at the resort by one of the older ladies I forgot her name but I was not very happy with my makeup I had to fix it and make changes. My sister had the younger makeup artist and SHE WAS AWESOME !!!! She did my sisters makeup soooo good !!! I was jealous I was like can I have her instead lol but my makeup was half way done already. I did choose airbrush makeup and ladies it’s WORTH the upgrade. Total 60 bucks. 30 for trial and 30 for the day of.

We did have a second coordinator during the reception her name was Andrea. She was very nice and attentive. She did have a cake hiccup where we didn’t know what to do other than cut it, lol! Maybe we thought there was going to be a cake announcement and have guests come watch us cut the cake I don’t know lol!

For sure this is the end! I loved my wedding and everything was STRESS FREE!!

If you ladies have questions please don’t hesitate to PM me or comment and I’ll be here to give you my best unbiased response.