Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Wedding Trip March 26th – April 6th

Riviera Maya, Punta Cana, Jamaica, Vallarta
chadosterhout

Post by chadosterhout »

My wife and I have just returned from the Grand Palladium White Sands for our wedding and family vacation and all I can say is WOW! I want to let all the brides-to-be know that Rocio (the wedding coordinator) and her assistants take care of everything once you arrive and you practically have to do nothing but relax. When we arrived at the GP White Sands we were greeted with cocktails and information about the resort. We arrived around 10AM so our suite was not ready yet. I asked them to put a rush on things if possible and they told me to come back after I ate breakfast. I did and everything was ready for me. We stayed in Mayan Suite 5510. The room was perfect and the outdoor shower was really excellent! After we were all checked in, we went to meet with Rocio the discuss details. She took great attention to detail to make sure everything on the day is what we wanted. There were numerous location options for our wedding and after viewing all of them with Rocio we chose the gazebo at the colonial.

Our photographer Sol Tamargo took the best pictures you will ever see. She captured the moments that you will always remember. I would highly recommend her to anyone planning to get married. Her website is http://www.soltamargo.com/newSite.html . If anyone wants to see our pictures or have any questions about her, please let me know.

We did not use the Justice of the Peace provided by the hotel, we actually used Enrique Monroy who is a non denominational priest that speaks good English and is very good. He made our ceremony very special and fun. He is an extra fee but well worth it. If anyone is interested in him, please let me know.

After our ceremony we had cocktails and orderves right by the wedding location (extra fee). It was excellent, truly 5 star service and presentation. This gave our guests some entertainment until we were done with our pictures. We had the reception at the La Laguna at the White Sands. Once again we rented this out for an extra fee which was well worth it. It provided us with a private reception which came with a live band and personal service. It could have not been any better..

In the end the wedding could not have been any more perfect. We were concerned with it being so far away and communication via email only but everything turned out just fine. I have many more pictures if any couples are interested.

** One thing to keep in mind, they charge the entire wedding to your room, please be aware of how you plan on paying for the wedding via credit card, travelers check, or cash. We chose cash but we did have a problem as the hotel will NOT accept $100 bills that are defaced in anyway, i.e. ripped, taped, pen marks etc. We did receive all our money from U.S. banks before we left and is legal tender but the hotel refused to accept about 10 $100 bills. Good thing we had more money with us. If I had to do it all over again, I would have paid for the entire wedding on a credit card to avoid this issue.**

As far as the entire stay at the hotel, it was excellent. The service was great the beach, pools, restaurants were great but please keep in mind, the restaurants can not sit more than 8 – 10 people together. We requested it but they can not accommodate so we had to sit at different tables.

We did numerous off site excursions that included visiting the Mayan Ruins, zip lines, captain hook dinner cruise, deep sea fishing, swimming with dolphins, parasailing (at the resort) and many more. Everything we did was booked right in the hotel lobby and was very simple.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a beautiful wedding and a relaxing fun vacation!

Regards,
Chad