Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Monica and Chad~married Jan 21, 2011~ GP MR

Riviera Maya, Punta Cana, Jamaica, Vallarta
beachbride2011

Monica and Chad~married Jan 21, 2011~ GP MR

Post by beachbride2011 »

Hey Everyone!

We just got back from Grand Palladium Mayan Riviera and i just wanted to report that our wedding exceeded all of our expectations!! ... The wedding coordinators are amazing and didn't skip a beat!

So this is how it all went down for us

Monday - arrived at the GP Kantenah in Mayan Riviera ... found a note on our door that night for a date and time to meet with the wedding coordinator (Erika)

Tuesday - met Erika at 9:30 in the morning with all our witnesses .. they took photocopies of their tourist cards and passports, and then they all signed away!! ... a paramedic came in and took our blood ... this did not hurt at all and did not leave a bruise ... and he opened all the needles from a sterilized sealed package right in front of us, so if this is a concern for you, do not even sweat about it!! .... i found this guy was better than some of the nurses we have here in Canada .... we also got to finalize details, so we picked the flowers, cake and finalized the menu for both the children and adults ... we were a party of 65 people so we opted for no seafood for the purpose of allergies and dislike .... we chose menu option #5 and substituted the shrimp salad for a different salad .... the flower were out of a book ... you could pic one the many different arrangements in different colors ... dont worry about flowers .... there were about 10 pages of different styles of arrrangements to choose .... and then we chose the cake ... you get a choice of 3 .. vanilla, chocolate and 3 milks (3 leches - traditional mexican wedding cake which was delicious!!) ... and thats it!! ... the meeting took about an hour and a half!

Friday - the day of the wedding!! ... my wedding was at 4 pm and i had an appointment at the spa to get my hair and make up done ... they are great!! ... they hairspray it soo much that your hair will not move .. i just had a low bun full of curls and the curls did not move at all!! ... even though there was crazy humidity that day ... i went back to the room after and put on my dress ... my mom, dad, wedding party and myself were all picked up by a golf cart and driven to the beach gazebo ... the wedding ceremony took about 20 mins ... after that there was champaign and all the guests come and congratulate you .. and then we proceeded to get our photographer pictures done ... we used Juan Navarro and we havent received them yet but when i do i wll try to post them ... he was very professional ... and then we went to our reception which was at La Laguna ... there we did open mic for speeches, cut the cake, and had the father/daughter and mother/son dances .. and then we partied till 11 ... we had the reception area for 4 hours ...after that we went to the colonial lobby which has live bands and dancing!!

My wedding day was the day that i had always dreamed it would be and more!! ... if you are on the fence about having a destination wedding or a destination wedding at this resort, this was the best decision i have ever made!!

If anyone has any questions .... please ask and i will answer as best i can!!

Monica :60: