Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Beach book exchange site

Main Forum
bronco smitty

Beach book exchange site

Post by bronco smitty » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:51 pm

Is there a bar/ library (ala Hemingway’s in Mexico) at Lady Hamilton in Jamaica where books can be left and or taken for beach reading?
RM White Sands '06 ,'09, '11, '12, '13
Jamaica Lady Hamilton '15, '17, ‘19

Jeffster
Moderator/Grand Palladium Jamaica Expert

Re: Beach book exchange site

Post by Jeffster » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:05 pm

Yes at MISS LOU'S bar, right next to the INFINITY bar.
:60:

"The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass"[/color]

bronco smitty

Post by bronco smitty » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:19 pm

Since I’m here right now, may as well post what I know

MISS LOU’S has nothing. From what we saw, one deck of UNO cards. No books.
There is a little bookshelf at the adult pool by Coral Beach near the foot wash station that has a half dozen exchanges, mostly in German.
The Travel Club has a little credenza by their beach side door where members leave and take books. I’ve seen one book there this whole week.
Lady Hamilton and the Jamaica resort really need to get their act together. Everyone is reading, most people don’t want to lug their already- read books home again. They need a place to be used as an exchange site. Who knows somebody?
RM White Sands '06 ,'09, '11, '12, '13
Jamaica Lady Hamilton '15, '17, ‘19

stace117

Post by stace117 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:00 pm

We just left yesterday and I can confirm that there is a book exchange at Miss Lous. There are 2 large bookcases to the right of the doors (if you’re inside facing the windows). I will say that it takes a little while to find some in English but there were 100+ books there by my estimate.

The coral pool had only one book - and I added one during our stay - but that was it.

MindyH8
Top Twenty Poster

Post by MindyH8 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:17 am

I haven’t used any of the books there, but I have left my used ones in Ms. Lou’s on the bookshelves.