Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Are there any excursions to the Mayan ruins,

ydirk1559

Are there any excursions to the Mayan ruins,

Post by ydirk1559 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:47 pm

Addict Family,
Are there any excursions to the Mayan ruins, or is there other ruins that are close by Cancun area instead of going all the way down to the Riviera Mayan area ?
And any other recommendations for excursions would be greatly appreciated we are going down this Saturday, let me know thank you :2: And any other recommendations for excursions would be greatly appreciated we are going down this Saturday, let me know thank you :59: :63: :2:

Mumof4boys
Moderator/Palladium Expert

Re: Are there any excursions to the Mayan ruins,

Post by Mumof4boys » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:21 pm

We didn't do an excursion to any Ruins but we did a trip over to Isla Mujeres.
We actually did it on our own and not with a tour company.
There was a group of us addicts there this last May.
We took taxi's to the Ferry terminal Puerto Juarez. After we arrived in Isla we found a place that rented out golf carts. Everyone drives golf carts over there. The Island is not all that large and is pretty much a big circle.
The island is beautiful and it was a very fun trip. We like the fact that we did everything at our own timeline and would go back again.
Ferry price each was 300 pesos return, Taxi was around 200 - 300 pesos each way (cheaper because we were a bigger group) and golf cart rental was 750 pesos. For lunch we stopped at a fantastic restaurant on the island that was actually Jamaican. Stopped at a beach for a swim and many stops at lookouts and interesting areas. We all had so much fun.
I would suggest if your interested in doing this to maybe print off a road map before heading over there.

If your not up to doing it yourself they do have a tour company in the Lobbies that can help you do trips over to Isla.
They can also suggest places closer to Costa for Ruins I would think.
Lady Hamilton Oct 2012
Kantenah Oct 2013
Bavaro Oct 2014
Kantenah Oct/Nov 2015
Lady Hamilton April 2016
Bavaro Oct/Nov 2016
Kantenah May 2017
Lady Hamilton Oct 2017
Colonial Oct/Nov 2018
Coral TRS May 2019

ydirk1559

Re: Are there any excursions to the Mayan ruins,