Click on one of the links below for information on your favorite resort

Mayan Riviera   -   Jamaica   -   Punta Cana   -   Puerto Vallarta   -   Cap Cana   -   Costa Mujeres

Avoid the hassle of slow crowded buses, get inexpensive private transportation in the Mayan Riviera from AGI Tours - Recommended by Palladium Addicts

Room Booking Advice Please

Main Forum
bapwin

Room Booking Advice Please

Post by bapwin » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:08 pm

Booked our trip to PV during Christmas - yippee! First timers and I'm a little concerned about the small patios. We've booked an ocean view room with two double beds, and I could use some help in deciding to ask which rooms to ask for. I plan on sending an email to the resort a week or two before we leave. We really love sitting on our balcony when we have an ocean view room but it appears that most are very small, so I'm considering a terrace in a quiet spot. It appears that the first floor rooms in building one facing the adult pool would be good - can anyone confirm? (It'd be appreciated if you could suggest a room number). Is there another building we should consider? Thanks!

Thunderfan

Re: Room Booking Advice Please

Post by Thunderfan » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:09 am

The balconies are indeed small, but plenty of room for two people...however...the rails are very high and the chairs pretty low. You couldnt see much sitting in them. I'd definately go for a terrace room.

Much of building two has good views of the ocean, however that side also faces the main pool so i dont think it qualifies as quiet... Unfortunately, much the same goes for building one...and mind you, the adult pool wasnt very quiet. Maybe they dont blare music there, but that doesnt neccessarily mean quiet...

If you primarily wanted to sit during morning or later in evening i'd think building 2 would be fine as those hours are quieter. We were in room 2124 and had nice views if you stood on balcony (i assume 2024 would be directly below). I think above room 2132 or so, you would be in the part farther away from the ocean and not sure how well you would see it from there.
GP Kantenah (RM) June 2011
GP Colonial (RM) June 2017
GP Vallarta (PV) May 2019

bapwin

Re: Room Booking Advice Please

Post by bapwin » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:32 pm

Thank you Thunderfan. I was worried about the potential noise issue with building 2 but if 1 is no better, then I guess it doesn't matter. Any advice on view towards PV vs. Punta de Mita?